How To Downgrade From Android Oreo To Android Nougat: (Back To Android Nougat) Sometimes we all have that small attachment to things that we have been using for quite some time. And by things in the modern era of smart phones and smart devices, that also includes “Virtual things” like our smart phone operating systems. Yes, that’s right. We have been using Android Nougat now for quite some time now and even though Android 8.0 brings a lot of updates and new features above and under the hood, some of us might still feel kind of attached towards Nougat.
Google has announced the Android Oreo update with Android version 8.0 after several developer previews and test builds. The update has been made available for download for a variety of Pixel and Nexus devices. However, as is always the case with freshly released software updates, they are not 100% bug-free. Android versions often bring newer APIs and deprecate some of the old ones, making some apps incompatible with the latest Android release.
For those of you who installed the Android Oreo update and are now facing issues with the new Android version. You might wanna consider downgrading from Android Oreo to Nougat (7.1.2) on your Pixel or Nexus device.
To Android Oreo To Android Nougat in your Pixel or even Nexus device, you want to install/flash the 7.1.2 Nougat Android mill image for your device. This requires you to have unlocked bootloader in your phone. Also be aware that all info in your phone will likely be wiped upon flashing the mill image for Android Nougat, so be certain that you copy every important file on the prior flashing the mill image.
Download Android Nougat For Various Devices
Downgrade Pixel XL Firmware Link:
- Verizon: Download link.
- T-Mobile, Fi carriers, and Rogers: Download link.
- Deutsche Telekom: Download link.
- International: Download link.
Downgrade Pixel Firmware Link:
- Verizon: Download link
- T-Mobile, Fi carriers, and Rogers: Download link
- Deutsche Telekom: Download link
- International: Download link
Steps To Perform The Downgrading From Android Oreo To Android Nougat
- Download the Android 7.1.2 Nougat mill image specific to your device for your PC, then unzip it to another folder.
- Installation ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Start USB debugging on your Android.
- Connect your device to PC via USB. Open a command prompt window on your PC, and issue the following to boot your device into bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
└ You might receive a prompt on your device to “Permit USB Debugging”, pick Yes/Ok/Allow.
- Run/execute that the flash-all. Bat script in the files we pulled in Step 1.
And you are done!! We hope you may have completed downgrading from Android Oreo to Nougat on your pixel following this step by step guide.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.