At the start of this month, Xiaomi’s sister company Redmi introduced the next generation of its famous Note series. The new Redmi Note 12 series is no exception and has been launched with a 200MP camera for the Note 12 Pro+. Camera has always been a key feature of Redmi Note series handsets.
How to install Google Camera (GCam Port) on Redmi Note 12 Pro and Redmi Note 12 Pro+
Using the in-built MIUI camera app, the Redmi Note 12 Pro pair takes good pictures. Installing the GCam app allows these camera sensors to take better pictures in low light and with more clarity.
The Redmi Note 12 Pro+ has a 200MP Samsung ISOCELL HPX sensor, while the Redmi Note 12 Pro has a 50MP Sony IMX766 sensor. Even though the photos taken by both phones are similar, there isn’t a big difference between the 50MP sensor and the 200MP sensor.
No matter which Redmi Note 12 series phone you own, you can install the latest Google Camera mod port on your smartphone and start taking some amazing low-light photos using the Night Sight feature. Not only this, but you can also use Astrophotography Mode, Enhanced HDR, SloMo, Portrait, and more.
Here’s the step by step guide by which you can easily install Google Camera app on your Redmi Note 12, Redmi Note 12 Pro, or Redmi Note 12 Pro+ :
- First, download the GCam app for your Redmi Note 12 series smartphone from the above links.
- Then, install the Google Camera APK on your phone.
- Then, open the app & grant the needed permissions like Camera, Microphone, Storage, and Location.
- That’s it.
- Google Camera for Redmi Note 12 Pro & Pro+ // MGC_8.7.250_A11_V6_MGC.apk)- Latest – Download
- Google Camera for Redmi Note 12 and Note 12 Pro // GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.6.apk) – Recommended – Download
For GCam 7.3
- First download this configuration file to your smartphone.
- Next, create a new folder called GCam.
- Now open the GCam folder and create another folder called configs7.
- Now, paste the config file into the configs7 folder.
- When done, open the Google Camera app and double tap the black empty area next to the shutter button.
- Be sure to tap on the settings shown (with note12-config.xml) that are available in the pop-up and press the Restore button.
- Return to the app drawer and open the app again.
The GCam mod is a great way to enhance the camera capabilities of the Redmi Note 12 series smartphones. The GCam app can help to improve low-light and detailed photos, and also provides additional features such as Night Sight, Astrophotography Mode, Enhanced HDR, SloMo, Portrait, etc. Installation is straightforward and easy to do, and users can download the GCam mod from the provided links. If you’ve any query, drop a comment in the comment section down below. Also, share this article with your friends.