Download & Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow On Xperia Z3
Safely Update Xperia Z 3 To Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Nowadays there are many dev coming up with their Android marshmallow ROM for many devices.Few days ago we post an article on How to Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Xperia Z Ultra and Z1 Compact (AOSP ROM). There are devices which are not going to be updated officially by their manufacturers but nothing to worry because 3rd party AOSP ROM are there.
If you have a Xperia Z3 and you want to install Marshmallow on it then there is a good news for you.The latest Sony device to get an AOSP Marshmallow ROM is the Xperia Z3.Thanks to a dev from Xda, now you can download and install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Xperia z3.
Follow the Step by step guide to Download & Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow On Xperia Z3 Safely
*Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin.
How to Safely install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Sony Xperia Z3
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Xperia Z3 while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
How to Safely Download & Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow On Xperia Z3
- Take a proper backup of all your important data and settings on your phone
- Make sure that the latest version of a custom recovery like TWRP is already installed on your device
- Download and install USB drivers on your PC.–>>> Sony Drivers
- Only for Xperia Z3 Compact
Downloads (Marshmallow ROMs)
system.img , userdata.img, boot.img from the Xda Page –>>Here
Safely Download & Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow On Xperia Z3
Step By Step Guide
Step 1. Download the Marshmallow ROM files from above. That is, system.img, userdata.img and boot.img. And also the Gapps file, to install Google Apps after installing the ROM.
Step 2. Create a folder called z3update and transfer the system.img, boot.img and userdata.img to this folder.
Step 3. Connect your Xperia Z3 to PC. Transfer the Gapps file to it. Remember the file’s location. And disconnect the device from PC now.
Step 4. Boot your Xperia Z3 into bootloader mode. If you are rooted, you can use Quick Boot app from play store. To manually boot into bootloader mode, do this:
- Power off the device. Wait for 4-5 seconds after screen goes off.
- Press and hold Volume Up button and then connect the device to PC using USB cable. You will enter fastboot mode. Screen won’t show fastboot written on it, btw.
Step 5. Now, open command window in the z3update folder, in which you have the system.img file with other two files. For this:
- Open that z3update folder and then left click on empty white space in the folder.
- Now, while holding shift key, right click on empty white space to get a pop-up as shown below.
- Now choose Open command window here option from that.
Step 6. Run the following commands to install the Marshmallow update on Xperia Z3.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
Wait for Xperia Z3 to finish booting up, it may take some time. Once it does, check the Settings > About device. You should have Marshmallow under Android version. Congos!
→ Btw, if you face force close on apps a lot, or device lagging too much, then do a factory reset using TWRP recovery to solve that problem.
Step 7. You don’t have Google Apps right now. You need to flash the Gapps file from recovery mode. Make sure you have TWRP installed, and have transferred the Gapps file to your Xperia Z3 too.
- Boot your Xperia Z3 into recovery mode. If you are rooted, you can use Quick Boot app from play store.
- [Optional] Once in TWRP, create a backup of your device. Tap on Backup, and then select all the partitions for back. Now do the swipe action at bottom to start creating a backup for emergency cases. This backup is really a lifesaver!
- Now, install the Gapps file. On TWRP’s home screen, tap on Install, and then locate the Gapps file and tap on it. Then do the Swipe action at bottom to begin flashing the update.
- When it’s done, tap on Reboot system button to restart the device.
Done!!! You have successfully Downloaded & Installed Android 6.0 Marshmallow On Xperia Z3
Source:- Xda and The Android Soul
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.