Download and Install US Cellular US991 LG G4 Stock ROM! LG G4 was one of the flagship devices of 2015. It was also one of the first devices to receive an update to Android Marshmallow, after the Nexus devices. Here we provide an update for the Verizon LG G4 users. The new update brings the optimizations of Android Marshmallow and customizations and tweaks by LG, that is meant to provide you with a better user experience. This might give a slight boost to the poor battery life to the G4.
The most talked about features in Marshmallow update is Doze mode which gives excellent Stand by time for your device, App permissions which enable you to control permissions for applications on your device, Now on tap and few others. This guide will help you install the Marshmallow update on your LG G4. So go ahead.
If you are running Stock ROM without any customizations like rooting or flashing a custom recovery, then you may simply Check for New Updates in your Settings and install the update. But in case you haven’t received the OTA or have Root/Custom ROM, you cannot install the OTA update directly on your phone. You would need to flash the update using the flash tool as mentioned in the guide. Follow the guide below to Download and Install US Cellular US991 LG G4 Stock ROM.
Rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your LG G4 while following this tutorial. Proceed at your own risk.
- LG USB drivers should be installed on your PC
- This is Only For LG G4 US Cellular US991
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
Steps to Download and Install US Cellular US991 LG G4 Stock ROM
- Download and Install LG Flash tool on your PC (download section above)
- Download US Cellular US991 LG G4 Stock ROM
- Now Boot your device into the download mode, you can do by pressing and holding Volume down button while connecting it to PC using USB cable.
- Now Open Lg Flash tool on your PC (tapping LGFlashtool2014.exe)
- Once launched, Choose CDMA type from the menu
- Go to “Select Kdz file”, find and locate the downloaded firmware file. (Stock ROM)
- Then just select normal Flash and don’t do any other changes
- Click ‘start’ to begin the Flashing process. It will take some time so wait till the process is completed
- Once Flashing done, your device should be unbricked and you should have the stock ROM / Firmware on your device.
If you have any queries regarding this, feel free to ask in the comment section. 🙂
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page