Xiaomi has updated a bunch of its devices with MIUI 12.5 skin. Still, there is a bunch of phones in the queue waiting for their turn. The wait for Redmi Note 10 users is now over, as the device has started receiving MIUI 12.5 update.
As per the latest information, Xiaomi is currently sending the MIUI 12.5 update to the global variant of Redmi Note 10. It may take few days to start rolling out in other regions where the device has been launched. The new software update is based on Android 11 and can be identified by firmware version V188.8.131.52.RKGMIXM.
There are few notable changes in the MIUI 12.5 which include reduced CPU usage, up to 15% reduced battery usage, and instant gesture response. As per the changelog, the device gets 20 times more rendering power, dynamic layouts, new doodling-sketching tools, new gestures, and a lightweight UI.
In addition to all the MIUI 12.5 perks, the update also bumps Android security patch level to July 2021 which fixes a bunch of system security and privacy-related vulnerabilities. The Redmi Note 10 global variant have started receiving the update. And, as always it may take few days to reach all the units. To manually check for the update, navigate to Settings >> About phone, then Check for updates.
For those who can’t wait to try the new build, download the latest ROM file using the link given below and flash it properly. Note that, we don’t recommend flashing the ROM file. So, proceed at your own risk.
Download Redmi Note 10 MIUI 12.5 update
Grab the latest ROM file using the link given below.
Redmi Note 10 (Global) – V184.108.40.206.RKGMIXM – Download link
Redmi Note 10 MIUI 12.5 update changelog
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to July 2021. Increased system security.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- All-new Notes.