Guide: Enable 720p Slow Motion Recording in On OnePlus 3/3T running OxygenOS (Google Camera).Playing a video in Google Camera in slow motion (Slow Mo) was something which could only be experienced by iPhone users as that feature wasn’t there in Android phones. Well, not anymore as the latest updates of Google Camera for Android 7.1.1 will make it possible for OnePlus 3/3T users to play a video in Slow motion mode.
After checking, the sound was really as good as usual when played in normal speed but it was respectively worse off, when played in slow motion. This should always be expected as it is really tough to get it perfect. Anyways, a slightly poor sounds quality is still much better than slow motion without any sound.
After reading such news, I’m sure OnePlus 3/3T users will be licking their lips and wanting to enjoy this feature quickly. So without much waiting, let’s get on to the important part of this guide on how to How to Enable 720p Slow Motion Recording in On OnePlus 3/3T running OxygenOS (Google Camera).We want to thank AcmE85, Senior Member over Xda for sharing the guide.
Things to know:
- Your device must be rooted or at least have TWRP working so that you can move the file.
- You should be having the latest OxygenOS Android 7.1.1 Beta for this to work as it won’t work on any other version.
- All the videos will be recorded using the latest Google Camera app which can be downloaded here
- You will be able to edit your videos using Google Photos and for manually setting the desired area which will be played in slow motion. The remaining area will be played at normal speed just like on the iPhone.
Steps on How to Enable 720p Slow Motion Recording in On OnePlus 3/3T running OxygenOS (Google Camera)
- Download this file as it is important for you to complete this process
- Put the downloaded file into root/system/etc and overwrite the already existing file.
- Now, set the correct permissions! rw-r—r—(0644)
- Now reboot your device.
- Install the linked Google Camera app, start it and go into slow motion mode.
- Record the video and open it from within the Google Photos App for editing it and enjoying it in slow motion.
If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section below 🙂