Age of Wonders 4 is a game released recently but within no time, it has garnered a lot of popularity and positive reviews. If you’re a fan of strategy games, you might have already dove deep into this game.
Despite so many good things on offer, the game still has a few bugs and glitches. One of the issues troubling the users is the Multiplayer Not Working issue.
If you’re in the same boat, then this guide will be perfect for you. In this guide, you will get to know different methods to fix Multiplayer Not Working in Age of Wonders 4.
How to fix Multiplayer Not Working in Age of Wonders 4
Method 1: Check the internet connection
Before you start resolving the issue, it’ll be important to check your internet connection. The game requires a stable and fast internet connection to work properly. You should make sure that you have an active internet connection that isn’t facing any interruptions.
Method 2: Verify game files
- Open Steam before navigating to the Age of Wonders 4 game
- Right-click on the game title before selecting “Properties”
- There, you’ll need to click on the “Local Files” tab
- Then, click on the “Verify Integrity of Game Files” option
- Wait until it is done and check for the Multiplayer Not Working issue
Method 3: Check firewall settings
- Open the firewall settings
- Then, “Age of Wonders 4” should be added to the list of exceptions or allowed applications
- Lastly, restart the game and try using multiplayer mode again
Method 4: Update the drivers
- Head over to your device manager and check for any pending driver updates
- Update your OS to the latest version
- Restart your PC and try the multiplayer mode
Method 5: Disable VPN or Proxy
VPNs and proxies are typically used for bypassing regional restrictions or improving internet speed. They may interfere with multiplayer games, including Age of Wonders 4. If you have been using a VPN or Proxy, you should try to disable it and run the game again.