Alan Wake 2 is a highly awaited sequel to the psychological horror game and it is finally here. As it is still a newly released game, players are facing a few bugs and issues here and there.
One of the issues troubling the players is the Out of Video Memory issue. It is very frustrating and disruptive to the gaming experience. This issue occurs when the game demands more video memory than what the system can deliver.
If you’re experiencing this issue, then this guide will be helpful. In this guide, you will get to know how to fix Out of Video Memory error in Alan Wake 2.
How to fix Out of Video Memory error in Alan Wake 2
Method 1: Allocate virtual memory
If you’re facing out of video memory error, you can try to allocate additional virtual memory to the system, which can help alleviate this issue. To do that, you should go to your PC’s System Properties. In the Advanced tab, you’ll need to click on “Settings” under Performance. After that, in the Advanced tab of the Personal Options window, you’ll need to click on “Change” under Virtual Memory before increasing the paging file size.
Method 2: Update the graphics driver
- Press the Windows + X buttons before selecting “Device Manager”
- Now, expand the “Display Adapters” section for finding your graphics card model
- Visit the official website of your graphics card manufacturer
- Then, search for the graphics card model and download the latest graphics drivers
- Install the graphics drivers by following the installation wizard’s instructions
- Once the installation is complete, restart your computer to apply the changes
- Check if the Out of Video Memory issue is resolved
Method 3: Lower the graphics settings
If updating the graphics driver does not resolve this issue, you can try to modify your graphics card settings to reduce memory usage.
Reducing the overall graphics settings in Alan Wake 2 can greatly decrease the demand on your video memory. You should consider lowering settings like shadow quality, render distance, and anti-aliasing.
Method 4: Customize the virtual memory size
Virtual memory or page file is the portion of the hard drive that your OS uses as additional RAM when the physical RAM is insufficient. By adjusting the virtual memory settings, you’ll be able to alleviate the “Out of Video Memory” error.
Pic credit – www.microsoft.com