Football Manager 2024 is a fun football management simulation game and it allows you to live your dreams of being a football manager and running your favorite football club. However, the game isn’t perfect and it has been getting bugged by issues.
One of those issues is the Save Won’t Load Bug. This issue has been hindering the overall fun of the game. In this error, the saved game files do not load and takes the enjoyment out of things.
If you’re experiencing this issue, then this guide will be helpful. In this guide, you will get to know how to fix Save Won’t Load Bug in Football Manager 2024.
How to fix Save Won’t Load Bug in Football Manager 2024?
Method 1: Relaunch Football Manager 2024
If you’re facing Save Won’t Load Bug in FM24, the first thing you should do is close the game on your device and relaunch it. This method will come in handy for cross-checking if the issue is resolved or not. Sometimes, a simple reboot is all it’ll take to get rid of these bugs.
Method 2: Check for the auto-backup saved file
- Head over to the game saved folder of Football Manager 2024
- Look for the Autosave subfolder or Auto-Backup subfolder of the FM24 save folder
- Ensure that you copy the folder and save it to a different location
- Rename the copied auto-backup save file with the actual save filename that isn’t loading
- Once it is done, launch Football Manger 2024 and try to load the renamed Auto-Backup save file
Method 3: Verify and repair the game files
- Launch Steam and then click on Library
- Right-click on FM24 from the list
- Now, click on Properties before going to Local Files
- After that, click on the “Verify Integrity of Game Files” option
- Wait for the process to get completed
- Once done, restart your PC
- Check if the Save Won’t Load Bug is resolved
Method 4: Try to load the previous saved data
Another method would be to load the previously saved game data rather than the current progressed data to avoid any kind of save doesn’t load issues at your end. Sometimes, the recently saved game data could have a couple of issues or corrupted files that aren’t loading properly. Try to load the previously saved data to check if the Save Won’t Load bug is fixed.
Method 5: Avoid adding new leagues
Some people have stated that you shouldn’t add new leagues as of yet as it’ll help reduce the glitches with the saved game not loading at your end. Many players have found this trick to be helpful by avoiding creating new leagues in FM24.
Pic credit – www.store.epicgames.com