Xiaomi’s subsidiary brand, Poco, has recently unveiled its mots popular F-series smartphones, namely the Poco F5 and the Poco F5 Pro. Despite numerous enhancements, the camera configuration aligns with its predecessor.
The Poco F5 series integrates a triple-lens camera module, boasting a 64MP Quad Bayer sensor for superior photo quality. Similar to preceding Poco models, the F5 series supports the Pixel Camera, or GCam mod port. Here, you can access Google Camera for Poco F5 and F5 Pro.
Google Camera for Poco F5 Pro [GCam 8.7]
The Poco F5 series features a 64MP Omnivision OV64B primary sensor, employing 4-in-1 pixel binning technology for high-definition photo capture. Accompanying sensors include an 8MP SonyIMX 355 sensor and a 2MP standard macro camera sensor. In terms of software, the device integrates the MIUI camera app, common in recent Xiaomi and Poco phones. While this app produces satisfactory images, to fully leverage the Poco F5 camera, we recommend the Pixel 7 Camera app, or GCam.
The newest iteration of the Google Camera app is compatible with the Poco F5 series. This version has been ported for Xiaomi and Poco devices, including newer models. The eagerly awaited GCam 8.7 hosts features such as Night Sight mode, Astrophotography, SloMo, Beauty Mode, HDR Enhanced, Lens Blur, PhotoSphere, Playground, RAW support, Google Lens, among others. Let us now explore the process of downloading and installing the Google Camera app on Poco F5.
Download Google Camera for Poco F5 & F5 Pro
The Poco F5 software includes comprehensive features, incorporating additional functionalities such as Camera2 API. This functionality enables the installation of Google Camera on your device without the need for rooting. As mentioned earlier, several GCam mods are compatible with the Poco F5, two of which, GCam 8.7 by BSG and GCam 7.3 by Urnyx05, are included here for your convenience. Both ports are compatible with the Poco F5 and F5 Pro.
- Download Google Camera 8.7 for Poco F5 & F5 Pro (MGC_8.7.250_A11_V15a_MGC.apk)
- Download Google Camera 7.3 for Poco F5 & F5 Pro (GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.6.apk)
Please note: It is advisable to remove any older version before installing the new Gcam Mod ported app. Also, remember that this is not a stable version of Google Camera, so it might contain some bugs.
Recommended settings for Google Camera
- First, you’ll need to download the config file that you wish to use on your Poco F5 and Poco F5 Pro
- Create a new folder with the name “GCam” in Files
- Now, open the new GCam folder and then create another folder with the “configs7” name
- Paste the “config file” in the configs7 folder
- Once it is done, open the Google Camera app and then double-click on the black blank area next to the shutter button
- Choose the config file available in the popup before pressing the restore button
- Go back to the app drawer before opening the app again
With MGC_8.7.250_A11_V15a_MGC.apk, there is no need of configuring many settings. However, you can still play with the Google Camera settings according to your needs to get better results.