The industry-leading giant Google is about to launch its flagship device the Google Pixel 5 and Pixel 5XL. Along with that, a Pixel 4a is also expected to be launched. Thus there will be an updated Google Camera app on those devices and today we gonna learn how we can Install the same Gcam a.k.a Google Camera 7.4 apk on any Android device.
A new Google Camera v18.104.22.1683422365 update is rolling out
Google has started to roll out a new Google camera update to its Pixel devices. It is v22.214.171.1243422365. Most probably, this same version of the Google camera is going to be pre-installed on the upcoming Pixel devices.
Google Camera 7.4 adds 8X Zoom support during video recording on the Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL
The latest Gcam update has added some new features, one of them is the ability to record 8x zoom videos on Pixel 4 series. Previously the app only allowed to record up to 6X zoom. The update brings a much needed quick toggle option for changing video resolution in the settings panel on the drop-down menu.
The relation between Google Camera 7.4, Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a
Xda developers find some source code of the latest Google Camera 7.4 APK which hinted upcoming support for the Pixel 4a and Pixel 5. The Pixel 4a will be using Google Camera’s “2020 mid year” configuration while the Pixel 5 will be using the “2020” configuration.
- Download Google Camera 7.4 from Play Store (Only existing Pixel phones)
- Ported Gcam 7.4 which can be installed on any Android: Link coming soon
Steps to Install Gcam 7.4 from Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a
- Download the GCam APK file on your device from the link given above. (download the ported)
- Then move the APK file to your device storage (Internal or MicroSD card).
- Now, if you’re installing any APK file for the first time, then enable Unknown Sources option from the device Settings > Security > Additional settings > Privacy. If already enabled, follow the next step.
- Install the Google Camera APK file from the File Manager by just tapping on it.
- Once the installation completes, open the GCam app and enjoy it!
That’s it. You can comment below for any further information.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.