The tech giant Google has launched the Google Pixel 5 which is carrying a new Google Camera app. The latest ported Gcam 8.1 Mod or Google camera 8.1 is based on Pixel 5 a stock camera app and today we gonna learn how we can Install the same Gcam a.k.a Google Camera 8.1 apk on any Android device.
A new Google Camera 8.1 update has rolled out
Google has started to roll out a new Google camera update to its Pixel devices. It is v8.1. Most probably, this same version of the Google camera is going to be ported for other devices as well as third-party Gcam.
Google Camera 8.1 adds 8X Zoom support during video recording
The latest Gcam update has added some new features, one of them is the ability to record 8x zoom videos on Pixel 4 series. Previously the app only allowed to record up to 6X zoom. The update brings a much needed quick toggle option for changing video resolution in the settings panel on the drop-down menu.
The relation between Google Camera 8.1, Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a
Xda developers find some source code of the latest Google Camera 8.1 APK which hinted upcoming support for the Pixel 4a and Pixel 5. The Pixel 4a will be using Google Camera’s “2020 mid year” configuration while the Pixel 5 will be using the “2020” configuration.
- Download Google Camera 8.1 from Play Store (Only existing Pixel phones)
#Ports for other devices
- Google Camera 8.1.011 APK: APKMirror
- Google Camera 8.0.101 APK: APKMirror
- Google Camera 8.0.018 APK: MEGA.nz
Steps to Install Gcam 8.1 from Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a on any android
- Download the GCam APK file on your device from the link given above. (download the ported)
- Then move the APK file to your device storage (Internal or MicroSD card).
- Now, if you’re installing any APK file for the first time, then enable Unknown Sources option from the device Settings > Security > Additional settings > Privacy. If already enabled, follow the next step.
- Install the Google Camera APK file from the File Manager by just tapping on it.
- Once the installation completes, open the GCam app and enjoy it!
That’s it. You can comment below for any further information.