A remote is an important part of your Vizio television as it helps you change channels, switch input channels, and control other TV functions. However, there are times that you could lose your remote or it might break.
This is where you must be wondering if you can control Vizio TV without a remote. Luckily for you, it is possible to control Vizio TV without remote whether you lost it or you’re unable to locate it.
If you’re experiencing this situation, then this guide will be helpful. In this guide, you will get to know how to control Vizio TV without a remote.
How to control Vizio TV without a remote?
Almost all Vizio TVs come with physical buttons on the TV itself, using which you’ll be able to control the basic functions of your Vizio TV without a remote. You’ll be able to use these physical buttons for powering on or off the TV, switch between channels, and adjust the volume.
Method 2: Using the Vizio mobile app
- First, you need to open the Google Play Store or App Store
- Then, go to the Vizio Mobile app page on your Android or iPhone and tap Install for downloading the app
- Once installed, you should open the app and log into your account or continue as a guest
- Then, tap on Control -> Devices
- Now, select your Vizio TV and you’ll get a code on the TV screen
- Enter the displayed code on the app and finish the pairing process
- Once paired, you should click on Remote from the bottom for opening the virtual remote
Method 3: Using HDMI-CEC
Another method would be by using HDMI-CEC (High-Definition Multimedia Interface Consumer Electronics Control), which is a standard feature that allows you to control your Vizio TV using an external device connected to the HDMI port, such as a streaming device, gaming control, or Blu-Ray player.
This way, you will be able to control Vizio TV without a remote and carry out basic functions like changing the volume, turning on/off the TV, and switch between channels.
Pic credit – www.cnet.com