Guide: HOW TO ENABLE MIRACAST ON MOTO Z PLAY.This procedure of enabling Miracast on Moto Z Play has been tried and tested by the developers and other users as well. Understand the risks involved in following this procedure and taking full responsibility of the device, follow the steps. The procedure below has been very carefully described and the users are expected to follow it with same exactness. The procedure requires rooting of the device so that your device will be rooted at some point of time while following the procedure. Keep in mind that rooting a device invalidates its warranty.
Very Special thanks to Senior XDA member dedraks for sharing this method to safely Enable Miracast on Moto Z Play.This is really very simple and easy.It can be done by editing a line in your build.prop.But first, you have to know What is a build.prop File (for those who don’t know)?
A system file containing settings and build properties of your device is a build.prop file. The settings are specific to the specific device’s manufacturer or it may vary according to your Android version. But some of them are same to all Android versions.
- The Motorola Moto Z must have been rooted before commencing this process.
- A back- up of the build.prop file must have been created in case you encounter some errors or edit certain important files, mistakenly.
How To Enable Miracast on Moto Z Play
- Any file manager has to be downloaded from Google Play Store. For instance, ES File, File Explorer etc.
[appbox googleplay com.estrongs.android.pop]
- Open ES File Explorer and go to Settings.
- Scroll down in the settings menu and select “Root Explorer”. When Superuser pops up, click “allow”.
- Further, check “Mount File System” and go back to the main page of the app.
- Click on menu button again and click on “Device” under “Local”.
- It will open the root of the device. When it opens tap “system”.
- Locate “build.prop” file in the system and tap on it.
- Using ES Note Editor, open it.
- Locate the following in build.prop
- Now, revise it to the following
- Finally, reboot your device.
That is it! Congratulations, this is how you successfully enable Miracast on Moto Z Play. All the best!
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.