Battlefield 1 is a first-person shooter game that came out in 2016. As the game has recently received a new update, many players have been experiencing the black screen issue on PC while playing the game. Many users are complaining that the game gets stuck on the black screen after startup. In this guide, you will get to know how to fix Battlefield 1 Black Screen after startup.
A black screen appears whenever a player attempts to launch the game, indicating that there is an error. Because of this, the game may become unplayable because the screen remains black and no sounds are produced. It’s inconvenient that players have to press Alt+F4 to close the window.
It is unclear what exactly is causing the issue, but it may be related to players’ computers not meeting the game’s system requirements. Additionally, problems with DirectX or overlay applications, game files that are missing or corrupted, older versions of the game, and outdated graphics drivers are all possibilities.
Players should be aware of this problem and take precautions to avoid it. To begin, it could be helpful to verify that their computer meets the game’s minimum specifications. It’s possible that the black screen issue can be avoided by updating the game’s drivers and files, as well as the game’s graphics settings.
How to fix Battlefield 1 Black Screen After Startup
Method 1: Run the game as the admin
- Right-click on the Battlefield 1 exe file on your PC
- After that, select Properties and then click on the Compatibility tab
- Now, click on the “Run this program as an administrator” checkbox for selecting it
- Click on Apply and then select OK for saving the changes
Method 2: Lower in-game graphics settings
Try to lower the in-game graphics settings from the game menu to know if it helps. Disable Shadow Effects, V-Sync, and Anti-Aliasing, and then run a lower display resolution for the game.
Method 3: Disable the overlay applications
- Open the Steam client before heading to Library
- Right-click on Battlefield 1 before selecting Properties
- Go to the General section where you need to uncheck the Enable Steam Overlay checkbox
- Head back to Library before re-opening Battlefield 1 to check if the black screen issue is resolved or not
Method 4: Check for graphics driver update
- Press Windows + X keys for opening the Quick Link menu
- Click on Device Manager from the list before double-clicking on Display adapters
- Right-click on the dedicated graphics card that you are using
- Select Update Driver before selecting Search automatically for drivers
- If an update has become available, the system will download and install it
- Restart your PC to apply the changes
Method 5: Check the system resources
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys for opening the Task Manager
- Now, click on the Processes tab before selecting the task that you wish to choose
- Once it is selected, click on End Task
- Once it is done, restart your PC to apply the changes
We hope this guide has been useful in offering some potential solutions to the black screen issue you may have been experiencing while playing Battlefield 1 on your computer. Please share your thoughts and questions in the comment section below. Please forward this tutorial to your gaming pals if you found it helpful.