How to increase FPS in Counter-Strike 2?

Counter-Strike 2 is a new game that is still in beta with the full release arriving sometime in the summer of 2023. However, players have already started getting their first glimpse of the game. In the beta stage, many players have got the chance to inspect skins, reach the top frames, and enjoy the gameplay.

However, with the game still in the beta stage, the game has its fair share of bugs and issues. To maximize your experience, you will want to have high FPS. This is why you will want to know how to increase FPS in the game.

If you’re unsure about it, then this guide will be helpful. In this guide, you will get to know how to increase FPS in Counter-Strike 2.

How to increase FPS in Counter-Strike 2?

increase fps

Counter-Strike 2 has around ten graphic settings, which affect performance and FPS. To know how to increase FPS in Counter-Strike 2, you will want to know what settings affect FPS the most. There are three things that influence the number of FPS in CS2 – shadow quality, texture quality, and ambient occlusion.

By playing with Low Shadows, you’ll be able to gain 8-9% more FPS compared to playing with Counter-Strike 2 settings set to Max. Enabling Ambient Occlusion eats up around 6% of the total FPS in the game. Lastly, having Textures set above Medium could result in FPS loss of approx. 5%. If you do the math, you will be able to combine these three settings to reduce the frames per second by 15% to 20%.

As for the settings that don’t affect FPS and performance that much, it includes Particles, Shaders, and High Dynamic Range. Each of them can result in a loss of around 1% to 2% of total FPS. Lower it if needed to squeeze out a bit more FPs in CS2.

Optimized CS2 settings to get improved performance

Here are the optimized settings for Counter-Strike 2 to increase FPS and get the maximum frames per second –

  • Monitor resolution – Default (otherwise reduce to 1280 x 960)
  • Multisampling anti-aliasing mode – CMAA2
  • Boost player contrast – Enable
  • Shadow quality – Low
  • Shaders – Low
  • Texture quality – Medium
  • Ambient occlusion – Low
  • Particle effects – Low
  • FidelityFX – Quality
  • High dynamic range – Quality
  • NVIDIA Reflex low latency – Disabled

Image Credit: Valve

Aviral Sharma
Aviral Sharma
Aviral Sharma is a talented and passionate writer who has been using words to express his thoughts ever since he learnt how to hold a pen. He is passionate about outer space, history, sports and most importantly technology. Aviral is a regular writer for rootmygalaxy.net and has been getting better by the day.

Leave a Comment