Here we will be sharing Full step by step Guide On How to Install Stable CM 12.1 On HTC One M8 (CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM).So users can now update HTC One M8 To CyanogenMod 12.1
This ROM is a Stable CyanogenMod 12.1 a.k.a CM12.1 ROM released For Htc one M8.It is based On Android lollipop 5.1.1.The ROM is very stable and can be used as a daily driver as it doesn’t have big issues (Bugs)
So If You have a Htc One M8 and you are looking for a stable CM ROM then this is the perfect way to go with.The Flashing process is very simple and easy.You can flash the ROM File via TWRP recovery.
*Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin this process
How to Install Stable CM 12.1 On HTC One M8
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Htc One M8 while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- The HTC One M8 should be rooted.
- The latest version of a custom recovery (CWM or TWRP) should be installed on your phone.
- Take a proper backup (Nandroid ROM Backup) of all the important data
- Enable USB debugging option on your HTC One M8 from Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Check the battery level of your phone, it should be charged at least about 80% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while flashing the ROM.
- Install USB drivers for your HTC device. (Download here)
- HTC One M8 should be unlocked.
- First of all, download CM12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM (cm-12.1-20150901-SNAPSHOT-YOG4PAO23A-m8.zip) and Google Apps Package for your HTC One M8 from the given download links, on the desktop of your PC.
- Connect your HTC One to the PC via its USB data cable and transfer the downloaded ZIP files to your M8 Internal memory
- Now Disconnect the phone and turn it OFF.
- Boot the device into Bootloader Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power keys at the same time.
- Select Bootloader > Recovery by following the on-screen instructions.
- While the HTC One M8 is now in Recovery, perform wipe data task by navigating to wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- Now do wipe cache partition followed by wipe dalvik cache.
- From the main Recovery menu, choose install zip from sdcard
- Find the CM 12.1 Android 5.1.1 ROM file that you have already transferred to your SD card. Confirm the installation process to begin.
- Once done, repeat the above steps to flash Google Apps on your HTC One M8.
- After installation is completed Go back to the main menu of recovery and reboot your phone. It may take upto 5 minutes to boot for the first time, so don’t panic.
DONE!!! Your HTC ONE M9 would be running on stable build of CyanogenMod 12.1 (CM12.1).Check the setting for the confirmation.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.