How to root and install TWRP recovery on Galaxy Tab S3 (SM-T820/T825): Now we have a great news for Galaxy Tab S3 users as now an unofficial TWRP recovery is available for the device.It has barely been a week since Samsung’s latest device the Galaxy Tab S3 was released and the developers at XDA (namely ashyx and suzook) have already come up with an unofficial TWRP for it.
Even though it is at a testing phase and there are few bugs to be fixed but it is understandable for such an early release. If you are one of those developers who like to flash stuff or root your tablets without waiting for official updates, then this TWRP will certainly do the job for you.
In this post, we will be telling you how to root your Galaxy Tab 3 after installing the TWRP recovery. All you need to do is, download few files, fulfil some pre-requisites and then follow this step-by-step guide.
- Make sure that you have a backup of all the important files and folders of your device.Guide [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How to Backup Important Data On Android (Non rooted users)
- Download Odin and extract the files to a new folder.
- Have Samsung USB drivers installed on your PC.
- Have OEM unlocking enabled on your device.
- Make sure that your device has battery percentage more than 50%.
- Odin v3.10.7
- Download TWRP recovery for Galaxy Tab S3 (SM-T820)
- Download TWRP recovery for Galaxy Tab S3 (SM-T825)
- Download SuperSU zip file
- Download Boot image patcher
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
How to root and install TWRP recovery on Galaxy Tab S3 (SM-T820/T825)
How to flash TWRP recovery on Galaxy Tab S3
- First power off your tablet and enter download mode by pressing and holding “Power + Volume Down + Home” buttons.
- Download Odin from the above link
- Now, open Odin on your PC and under the options tab, uncheck Auto Reboot.
- Click on AP button and then load the respective TWRP file and then click on start.
- After flashing, immediately boot into recovery.
How to root Galaxy Tab S3
- Boot into TWRP recovery and then click on Wipe.
- Select the option “Format Data” and then click on yes to confirm.
- In TWRP menu, select Mount and then Mount Data by clicking on it.
- Now, from TWRP’s main menu, click on Install.
- Go to the location where you placed the SuperSU zip file and click on it and swipe right to flash it.
- Now, go to the directory where you placed the Boot Image Patcher zip file and do the same.
- Now, go back to TWRP’s main menu and click on Reboot -> System.
If you have any questions related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section below 🙂
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.