Whether you’re using an Android device or an iOS device, the screenshot feature is one of the most valuable features on your phone. If you come across a certain scene or quote on your Android TV and wondered if you could capture it, then you’ll be disappointed to know this will be quite problematic.
This is the case because, unlike smartphones, there doesn’t exist a native way to get the job done. Although Android TVs have the option to take screenshots, there isn’t a proper interface to carry out this availability.
However, there is an interesting workaround. In this guide, you will get to know how to take screenshots on Android TV using an Android device.
How to take Screenshots on Android TV using an Android device
Step 1: Install Button Mapper on your Android TV
Launch Google Play Store on your Android TV, look for Button Mapper, and install the app. You can also install this app on your Android TV directly from your smartphone. To do that, you should launch Google Play Store on your phone, look for Button Mapper, tap on the drop-down beside Install, and then select your TV. You must remember that your TV and phone must be signed into the same Google account to work.
Step 2: Enable accessibility services
Launch Button Mapper and it’ll ask you to enable Accessibility Services. You should head over to Settings -> Device Preferences -> Accessibility -> Button Mapper. After that, you’ll have to enable the toggle next to it.
Step 3: Assign a screenshot shortcut to your Android TV
- Launch Button Mapper and then choose either Volume Up/Volume Down/Home button (for ex. – home)
- After that, enable the toggle beside Customize and then choose the desired gesture (for ex. – double tap)
- Then, select Screenshot under the Actions list
- You can now take a screenshot on your Android TV easily by double-tapping the Home button on your remote
- After that, take it one step further and assign the same functionality to your Android device
Step 4: Link the screenshot shortcut to your Android TV
- Download and install Google TV on your smartphone
- Launch it and then tap on the TV remove icon
- After that, you should choose your TV from the list
- Double-tap on the Home button to take a screenshot on your Android TV