Full Guide to Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Galaxy Grand Duos (AOSP ROM).Safely Update Galaxy Grand Duos To Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
If you have Grand Duos Compact, then there is a good news for you guys.Now you can try Android Marshmallow (Android 6.0) On your android phone.There is AOSP ROM available for Galaxy Grand Duos.Even though unofficial, the Marshmallow custom ROM for Galaxy Grand Duos is amazing.Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Galaxy Grand Duos (AOSP ROM)
There are few Bugs present as the ROM is in its initial development stage so we don’t recommend users to use that as a daily driver but for testing purpose it is fine
Follow this simple easy step by step guide to Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Galaxy Grand Duos (AOSP ROM)
*Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin.
How to Safely Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Galaxy Grand Duos (AOSP ROM)
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Galaxy Grand Duos while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
How to Safely Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Galaxy Grand Duo
- Take a proper backup of all your important data and settings on your phone
- Make sure that the latest version of a custom recovery like TWRP is already installed on your device
- Download and install USB drivers on your PC.–>>> Samsung Galaxy Drivers
- Only for Galaxy Grand Duos
Marshmallow custom ROM — Link | Download Mirror | File: aosp-6.0-20151013-UNOFFICIAL-i9082.zip (211.11 MB)
Google Apps(Gapps) For Marshmallow-Link
Safely Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Galaxy Grand Duos (AOSP ROM)
- First of all, download Marshmallow AOSP custom ROM and Google Apps Package for your Grand Duos from the given download links, on the desktop of your PC.
- Connect your Galaxy Grand Duos to the PC via its USB data cable and transfer the downloaded ZIP files to your android smartphone’s Internal memory
- Now Disconnect the phone and turn it OFF.
- Reboot your phone into TWRP recovery mode (Press and hold Volume up + Home + Power button together and release them only when you see Samsung’s logo)
- While the Galaxy Grand Duos is now in Recovery, perform wipe data task by navigating to wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- Now do wipe cache partition followed by wipe dalvik cache.
- From the main Recovery menu, choose install zip from sdcard
- Find the Marshmallow ROM file that you have already transferred to your SD card. Confirm the installation process to begin.
- Once done, repeat the above steps to flash Google Apps on your Grand Duos.
- After installation is completed Go back to the main menu of recovery and reboot your phone. It may take up to 5 minutes to boot for the first time, so don’t panic.
DONE!!!Now your Galaxy Grand Duos would be running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.ENJOY…:)
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.