How to Install Android O developer Preview factory images on Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel C, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P and Nexus Player.Users can only install the Android O Developer Preview manually On Pixel and Nexus devices.
Similar to last year, Google has again decided to announce the upcoming update of Android well before the company’s developer conference in the summer. Also, similar to last year, Google is giving aspiring developers (who own compatible Pixel and Nexus devices) an opportunity to test the pre-build of Android O before its official release.
If you are an owner of Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel C, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P or Nexus Player, you have a brand new build of Android O waiting for you to tinker with it. However, since it is in the early stages, you can expect it to be filled with a few bugs and glitches here and there.
Download Android O developer Preview For Pixel and Nexus Devices
- Download the latest build of Android O from Google’s official factory image page by going to the following link [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] http://developer.android.com/preview/download.html
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
How To Install Android O developer Preview on Pixel and Nexus Devices Manually
- First of all you need to make sure that your device’s bootloader is already unlocked before you flash a factory image.
- If it is not unlocked, go to Settings -> Developer Options -> Tap the Android number several times -> Unlock OEM.
- Now, give the command “adb reboot bootloader” for going to device’s bootloader and checking if the device is in a locked state. If it is locked, use the command “fastboot oem unlock”.
- After that, you will see few prompts on the screen asking for you to confirm if you want to unlock the bootloader.
- Select the latest build of Android O which you downloaded above and extract it. Inside the extracted file, you will find a zip file with the title “marlin-nde63h-factory-96adcecf.zip”. After extracting the zip file, you will find the bootloader, OS image, radio image and vendor image.
- First, check the unlock status by running the command “adb reboot bootloader”. Then, boot your device into bootloader mode to flash the factory memory.
- Now, point the command line to file directory with flash-all script and then run the following script:
- On Windows run “flash-all.bat”
- On Mac/Unix run “./flash-all.sh”
- Now, you will see the script running on screen. Wait for some time as it takes few minutes for the image to install. Once it installs, the script will automatically reboot the device.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.