How To Install Kodi on Chromecast (Use It From Android and PC): Setup Guide – Hello, guys!! This post is for all those users who absolutely love live streaming TV shows and series. We all know about Kodi, for those of you who don’t know, Kodi is the best entertainment hub where you can catch almost anything. In this post, we will be telling you how to run Kodi on Chromecast, which is one of the best devices for casting.
There are various methods using which you can install Kodi on Chromecast via Android, Mac, or PC. The method has been tested thoroughly and these methods work perfectly when installing Kodi on Chromecast. We prefer to take apps from Google Play, and this method will work very well in the long run.
Both these methods are fairly simple and straight forward. All you need to do is complete few downloads and then follow the guides mentioned below.
Steps To Install Kodi on Chromecast for Android
- Download the Kodi, ES File Explorer, Localcast, PlayFactoryCore files mentioned above and install them.
- Now launch the ES File Explorer and head over to Settings -> Display Settings. Check the option ‘Show Hidden files’.
- Now, tap the search function and then enter Playcorefactory.xml and then copy the file.
- Head back to home of ES File Explorer, Local Storage -> Android -> Data -> org.xbmc.kod -> Files -> .kodi -> userdata.
- Place the copied file here and then head back to the app drawer. There, launch Kodi and select any video which you want to cast to your Chromecast.
- The local cast app will open automatically. You need to choose your Chromecast device from the list and select play.
Steps To Install Kodi on Chromecast for PC/MAC
- You need to launch Chrome and then install the extension
- Now download and install Kodi for your PC/MAC.
- Now go to Chrome and click on the Chromecast icon which you will find in the top right corner of the screen. Then select “Cast to” and then choose “Cast Desktop”.
- Open Kodi and play any video of your choice. Once the video starts playing, it will come up on your TV or other devices.