This guide will teach you how to Manually Update Yu Yureka/Yu Yureka Plus to Cyanogen OS 12.1 (Android 5.1.1).Yu Yureka and Yureka plus are among the few devices which come with CyanogenMod OS pre-installed.Now there is a good new for Yureka/Yureka Plus users, now they can update their Update Yu Yureka/Yu Yureka Plus to Cyanogen OS 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) manually.
CyanogenMod Team has released the latest Cyanogen Os 12.1 for both Yureka and Yureka Plus devices.Users will receive the OTA (over the air) update on their device in the coming weeks.But if you can’t wait and want to install it right now then you have to flash the Zip file via CyanogenMod recovery.
This new Cyanogen OS 12.1 firmware update comes with build number YOG4PAS3J.If you want to flash it manually then just follow the given step by step guide below on How to Manually Update Yu Yureka/Yu Yureka Plus to Cyanogen OS 12.1 (Android 5.1.1).
Download free HD Stock Wallpapers of Latest Droid Turbo 2–>>https://rootmygalaxy.net/droid-turbo-2moto-maxx-2-stock-wallpapers/
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Yureka / Yureka Plus while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
*Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin started this process
*We will be using stock CyanogenMOd recovery to flash the firmware update file
Follow the guide to Safely Update Yu Yureka/Yu Yureka Plus to Cyanogen OS 12.1 (Android 5.1.1)
Download Cyanogen OS 12.1 (674MB) [HERE] (cm-12.1-YOG4PAS3JM-tomato-signed.zip)
For More details on this visit this official Yu forum page
How to Manually Update Yu Yureka/Yu Yureka Plus to Cyanogen OS 12.1 (Android 5.1.1)
Step By Step Guide
- First of all Download Cyanogen OS 12.1 Zip file from above link and transfer the update zip file to your phone’s internal storage via microUSB
- Now, boot your Yureka into recovery mode. To do so:
Go to Settings -> About phone -> tap on the Build Number seven times to unlock Developer Options. Now go to Settings -> Developer Options -> enable ‘Advanced Reboot’ option. Now long press the power button, select the reboot option and select reboot to recovery option.
- Now From recovery, select Apply update -> Choose from Internal Storage -> 0/ -> select the zip file you transferred in step 1 above.
- Once you select the file, the recovery will start flashing the update. When the update completed, you will be back on the main recovery menu.
- Select the Reboot system now option and wait for the reboot process to complete.
- The fresh boot will take some time maybe up to 10 min.So don’t panic
- Once your device booted up check setting for confirmation
- Now your device is running latest official Cyanogen Os 12.1
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.