[Stock Firmware] Download and Install Official Android 7.1 Nougat On Wiko WIM Lite: The German smartphone manufacturers Wiko have officially released the stock Android 7.1 Nougat firmware for their model Wiko WIM Lite. This firmware is the latest firmware for their company and is believed to be the predecessor for the Android 8.0 Oreo update which they plan to release soon. This official firmware comes with the security patches, bug fixes, and improved overall stability.
If you are a proud owner of Wiko WIM Lite, you can easily install this latest update for your device which comes with the name WIM_Lite_V18 and will be based on Android 7.1 Nougat. This new update aims to bring more system stability, and increase the performance of your phone among other new features.
Most Wiko WIM Lite users have already received the OTA update notification for their device. However, if you are yet to get the official OTA update notification, you can also manually install this update. All you need to do is continue reading and then follow the step-by-step guide mentioned below.
What Is Stock ROM and What are its benefits?
Stock ROM’s are the ones that come pre-installed with phones or tablets. These are the versions of Android developed by the OEM’s for making their phones look unique. They also come with pre-installed with certain apps.
The reason for the usage of Custom ROM’s over Stock ROM’s are:
1) Security: These ROM’s are developed by big companies and hence there are fewer chances of malware/ virus affecting the phone.
2) Warranty: Installing a Custom ROM needs root access and this voids warranty of your smartphone in most cases. A lot of OEM’s do not allow the root access or customization.
3) Pre-installed apps and features: A lot of these ROM’s come with pre-installed apps which are sometimes useful. These apps vary between different manufacturers and even for models. Some OEM’s also give their customers premium features like Launchers, wallpapers, home screen, etc.
Android 7.1 Nougat Firmware Features
Download the Stock ROM for which the link is given below. Apart from updating your phone for the newest Android version, you can also revert back to the old version, by installing the Stock firmware. You can unbrick your device if you have bricked it using the stock firmware. If your phone has an issue, then flash the Stock firmware to improve the performance of the phone. This stock firmware also will not void the warranty of your phone.
Android Nougat 7.1 comes with a lot of features including App Shortcuts, Multi-window support, Restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image keyboard support, Notification prioritization, Enhanced doze mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support. etc .
- Do not try to use this method on any other model of Wiko as it is only for Wiko WIM Lite.
- Make sure that you have a backup of all your important data.
- You’re device must have more than 50% battery life.
- The USB debugging option must be enabled.
- Latest version of QPST/QFIL Tool -> https://www.needrom.com/download/qpst-2-7-453/
- WIM_Lite_V18 update -> https://www.needrom.com/download/wiko-ufeel-prime-2/
- Latest Qualcomm drivers/QDLoader HS USB Driver 32-Bit -> https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=961840155545580611
- Latest Qualcomm drivers/QDLoader HS USB Driver 64-Bit -> https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120747419
How to update Wiko WIM Lite to Android 7.1 Nougat | Install Official Android 7.1 Nougat On Wiko WIM Lite
- Download the QPST Tools, required drivers, and the firmware files by going to the respective links mentioned above.
- Extract the QFIL Tool zip file into a folder and then navigate to it. Run the file “QFIL” tool from the folder which you extracted.
- Now, click on the “Browse” button which will be located under the “Select Programmer” and right next to the “Programmer Path”. Then select the .mbn file from the folder where you have extracted the same.
- Once you have selected the “.mbn” file, the updated ROM will be automatically selected.
- Now, you will need to load XML. For doing this, select the file rawprogram_unsparse_without_qcn.xml and then choose the Patch0.xml.
- Turn off your device and connect it to the computer while pressing and holding the “Volume Up + Down” keys simultaneously.
- Now, select the option “Select port” and then choose the port. After that, just click on “Download” and it will begin flashing the firmware on your device.
- Once the “Finish Download” dialog box appears, you can disconnect your device from the computer.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page