Official TWRP 3.1.1 available for HTC U Ultra | Download and Install Good news for all the HTC U Ultra users! Now the official TWRP Recovery is available for HTC U Ultra. This gives you the privilege of flashing third party packages, custom ROMs, mods, third-party packages and other flash-able zips and much more. Also, you can root your phone and can make factory level changes with a custom recovery.
Once you install TWRP recovery, you would be able to flash different custom ROMs like Lineage OS, CyanogenMod, modify the system files including removing bloatware, setting third party apps as a system file, overclocking CPU and others mods and tweaks. After tweaking you might enhance your phone’s performance and battery life.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- This Update is only for HTC U Ultra only.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
- The bootloader of your HTC U Ultra should be unlocked.
- ADB and the Fastboot driver should be installed on your PC.
- Download and install HTC U Ultra USB Drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Option. For this first, enable Developer Options on your device by navigating to Settings app > About Phone > Software Info. Now tap on Build Number several times (7 times to be exact). A message will be appeared saying “You are now a Developer“. Now you have the option to enable USB Debugging on your device.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on HTC U Ultra
- First, download the SuperSU.zip file from the above link on the desktop of your PC and transfer it to the external SD card of your phone.
- Now connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable and type the given command in the Minimal ADB and Fastboot window to Reboot your device into Bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- Next, download the TWRP .img file from the given above link and move it to the Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder. Type the following command to install TWRP on your HTC U Ultra:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-0-img
- Boot your HTC U Ultra into TWRP for it to stick to your device. Booting your device into Android TWRP may replace with a stock recovery. So disconnect the USB cable and remove the battery. Reinsert the battery and boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume down and Power button simultaneously.
- Once in TWRP, select Install and navigate to the external storage where you have placed the SuperSU zip file. Now choose the SuperSU zip file and swipe to confirm the installation.
- Reboot to System.
Now, You have rooted your HTC U Ultra and installed TWRP on it. You can now customize your HTC U Ultra. In case you have any queries, comment down below.