There is good news for all the OnePlus lovers as the company is all set to release the OnePlus 8T model on October 14, 2020. While the latest flagship OnePlus 8/8 Pro device users are waiting for more updates for Android 11 (OxygenOS 11 Open Beta). So, talking about the update, it’s worth mentioning that both the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro models are receiving the Android 11 OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 2 Stable update via batches.
OxygenOS 11 is based on Android 11 features which bring a new design with overall system UI improvements, one-handed usage improvements for the bigger display devices, etc. While it also comes with an Always-on Ambient Display, five new themes for Zen Mode, scheduled Dark Mode, new Game Space, improved Gallery, Widgets section, and more. The update is rolling out via OTA in batches and expected to take some time to arrive on all the units completely.
If you don’t want to wait further, you can either manually check for the OTA update via the device Settings > System Updates > Check for OTA updates or via the Local Upgrade method by following the guide below.
OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro Android 11 OxygenOS 11 Stable Update: Changelog
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details.
- Brand-new weather UI supports dynamic switches between sunrise and sunset. You can have day and night at your hand now.
- Optimized stability on some third-party applications and improved user experience.
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience.
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram and WhatsApp. (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out.
- Added Always-on Ambient Display function, custom Schedule/All day option included. (To set: Settings > Display > Ambient Display)
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to phone usage data. (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Newly added 10 new clock styles. (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. (To set: Settings > Display > Dark Mode > Turn on automatically > Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise/Custom time range)
- Added 5 new themes (ocean, space, grassland, and so on), and more timing options.
- Included the Group feature in Zen Mode, now you can invite your friends and enable the Zen Mode together.
- Story function supported, automatically forming weekly videos with photos and videos in storage.
- Loading speed optimized, and the image preview is now faster.
- The widget on the desktop might disappear. It can be set as followed: Long press on the desktop -“Widget” – “Settings” – Select the widget.
Keep in mind to charge your handset before performing the software update and for the OTA update method, connect your device to a Wi-Fi or mobile data. Thanks to XDA Senior Member Some Random Username for the download links!
Steps to Upgrade Firmware
- Head over to the device Settings menu.
- Tap on System -> System Update.
- Tap on Settings icon -> Select Local Upgrade.
- Browse and select the downloaded OxygenOS 11 (stable) firmware file for your respective model.
- Keep waiting until the firmware gets installed completely. Your device will reboot into the new system.
Keep visiting the blog for more info.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.