When it comes to providing software updates, OnePlus is known for delivering faster and consistent software updates to its eligible devices. Though OnePlus devices are expected to receive two major Android OS updates in two years, the company is quite active and focused to push further OxygenOS-based software updates that basically includes system improvements, bugs fixes, and security patchsets. That’s why OnePlus users always get satisfied with their price segment, performance, and software update policy. Now, OxygenOS 10.3.5 update is now live for OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T & the interested users can download the OTA file from this article with installation steps.
So, both the OnePlus 6 and 6T models were launched back in 2018 with Android 8.1 Oreo preloaded. Currently, both the devices running on the latest Android 10 version over OxygenOS 10 and the OEM is literally providing software updates for more improvements & better user experience. Now, talking about the latest OxygenOS 10.3.5 update, it brings July 2020 Android Security Patch, Updated GMS (Google Mobile Services) package to May 2020, multiple bug fixes, system optimizations, and more.
The particular software update also offers improved RAM management, better wireless connectivity support for the OnePlus Buds, fixed Chrome browsing crashes, fixed the black screen issue while opening logkit, etc. Check out the full update changelog below.
Changelog: OxygenOS 10.3.5 – OnePlus 6/6T
- Optimized RAM management
- Newly adapted OnePlus buds, easier to take advantage of wireless connection
- Fixed the crash issue when browsing on Chrome
- Fixed the black screen issue when opening logkit
- Improved system stability and fixed general bugs
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.07
- Updated GMS package to 2020.05
Now, all the interested OnePlus 6/6T users can easily download the firmware file below and install it to get updated easily. But users should check for OTA updates before manually flashing the firmware.
Check Software Updates (OTA)
As the firmware OTA update is rolling out in a gradual way and it may take a couple of days to hit the surface for all the variants, if you don’t want to wait further, you can either manually check for the OTA update via the device Settings > System Updates > Check for OTA updates or via the Local Upgrade method by following the guide below. Keep in mind to charge your handset before performing the software update and for the OTA update method, connect your device to a Wi-Fi or mobile data.
Download OxygenOS 10.3.5 for OnePlus 6 and 6T
- OxygenOS 10.3.5 for OnePlus 6 – Full Update | Incremental OTA from 10.3.4
- OxygenOS 10.3.5 for OnePlus 6T – Full Update | Incremental OTA from 10.3.4
Steps to Install OxygenOS Update
Now, if in case, the update notification hasn’t arrived yet on your handset, then you should manually update the latest firmware by following the steps below.
Local Upgrade Method:
- Download the latest ROM upgrade zip package.
- Copy the ROM upgrade package to the phone storage.
- Go to device Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Tap on top right icon -> Local upgrade -> Tap on the downloaded firmware package -> Upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
- After the upgrade is complete, Tap on Restart.
- Update successful.
Keep visiting the blog for more info.
Source: OnePlus Forum
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.