In 2019, all smartphone brands are competing with each other in order to deliver affordable devices with good features and specifications. Even the Android smartphone OEMs are now trying to provide the latest software updates quite faster than before. However, Oppo sub-brand Realme adding their list of smartphones almost every month just like the Xiaomi.
But in terms of providing software updates, Realme somewhere falls short than other brands. There is good news for Realme 2 and Realme C1 device users. Realme 2 and Realme C1 October 2019 Patch rolling out along with some improvements and fixes as well.
The latest October 2019 Android Security Patch Level offers vulnerability fixes to the Android system. The software update for Realme 2 and Realme C1 comes with the RMX1805EX_11.A.61 software version. It brings some other features, system improvements, and bug fixes as well. Additionally, the update brings Digital Wellbeing function for screen usage time control over apps. The update is based on Android 9.0 Pie over ColorOS 6 UI.
Realme 2 and Realme C1 October 2019 Patch Changelog:
- Android security patch: October 5, 2019
- Quickly enter the hidden application list with fingerprints (realme 2 only)
- Added manual lock feature by long-press the power button
- Customizable data consumed reminder
- Updated battery interface
- Added Google Digital Wellbeing
- Optimized the lock screen clock widget style
- Added date and weather widget
- Optimized Smart Assistant interface
- Notification Center and Status Bar
- Swipe left or right to remove the message prompt after receiving the message
- Redesigned the notification center style
- Added swipe down on the home screen to access the notification center
- Added a switch of Notification Dot for updates
- Known issues fixed
- Fixed the issue that the USB pop-up window cannot be popped
- The fixed part of scenes with slow screen brightness issue
- Wi-Fi connection issue fixed
- Fixed some applications crash issue
- Fixed some of the system stuck issue
Check for OTA Update
The software update is rolling out via OTA and will take some time to receive due to the incremental roll-out process. Though you can always check for the OTA update manually from device Settings > Software Updates > Check for updates.