Realme has started to roll out a new software update to two of its most premium phones, Realme GT 2 and GT 2 Pro. While the company has already released the May 2022 security patch to dozens of its phones, the latest software update for Realme GT 2 brings the April 2022 security patch. However, Realme GT 2 Pro, on the other hand, is getting the May security patch along with fixes to cameras, system, and battery.
The latest software update for Realme GT 2 comes with the firmware version RMX3312_11_A.17. It has a hefty download size of 875MB. It’s recommended to have a Wi-Fi connection to download such bulky builds. The update is not just limited to vulnerabilities fixes coming along with the April 2022 security patch. It also brings fixes to system application function problems, lagging issues to improve system smoothness, and other known issues to improve system stability.
Moving on to the Realme GT 2 Pro‘s latest update, it is rolling out with the firmware version RMX3301_11_A.16. The package also weighs around 900MB. The update is being rolled out in several Asian countries including India, Hopefully, it will expand to other regions in the coming weeks.
According to the changelog for Realme GT 2 Pro shared
Update log for Realme GT 2 and GT 2 Pro:
[Realme GT 2]
- Integrates the April 2022 Android security patch.
- Fixes some system application function problems
- Fixes some lag issues to improve system smoothness
- Fixes some known issues to improve system stability
[Realme GT 2 Pro]
- Integrates the May 2022 Android security patch.
- Improves network stability.
- Improves network stability for gaming scenarios when you use two SIM cards.
- Improves startup smoothness of some applications
- Fixes an issue where video freeze on Youtube
- Fixes an issue where the system launcher would repeatedly stop running.
- Fixes an issue where your phone might unexpectedly restart.
- Temperature control
- Fixes an issue where overheating in some scenarios.
- Fixes an issue where Candy Crush Saga drains the battery too fast.
- Fixed an issue of draining the battery too fast in some scenarios.
- Rear camera
- Fixes an issue where the preview of a photo taken in a dark environment would not load.
If you are a Realme GT 2 or GT 2 Pro, you might have already received a new software update on your phone. If you haven’t, head over to the Software update section under the Settings app to manually check for available updates.