Full Step By Step guide On How to Root Xperia Z/ZL running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop & Install TWRP
Here in this guide we will be using a Windows PC and fastboot commands to Flash TWRP recovery.And after the installation of TWRP, we can easily Flash the SuperSU root package to get root access On Sony Xperia Z/ZL running android lollipop 5.1.1
If you have a Xperia Z/ZL running on android 5.1 lollipop and now you want to root it then this guide will help you to Root Xperia Z/ZL running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop & Install TWRP.Make sure your device is running stock lollipop Firmawre
*Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin rooting your device.
Root Xperia Z/ZL running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop & Install TWRP
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Xperia Z/ZL while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
Remember Before rooting:
Root Xperia Z/ZL running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop & Install TWRP In Just 2 min
- This tutorial is only for Sony Xperia Z and ZL Users
- Rooting your phone can void your warranty
- After rooting you can tweak your phone
- You can unroot it if you want
- You can overclock or underclock your CPU to make your phone faster
- Unlock the bootloader Xperia Phone or Click here to know how
- Install ADB Drivers. Guide
- Download and install Sony USB drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB debugging on your Xperia phone from Settings > Developer Options and check USB Debugging option.
- The battery level of your phone must be at least about 70%.
Step By Step Guide On Safely Root Xperia Z/ZL running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop & Install TWRP In Just 2 min
- Download the correct TWRP recovery and SuperSU package for your Xperia Z or ZL on the desktop of your PC from the above given links.
- Now Connect your device with the PC using its USB data cable. Select Always allow from this computer and clickOK button, once a pop-up message displays.
- Then Open the folder where you have saved the TWRP recovery file and run command prompt within that folder.
- Switch off the phone in order to boot Xperia into Fastboot.
- Switch ON the device by pressing and holding Volume Up button, connect the phone to the PC using USB cable while holding the Volume Up button. The Xperia Z/ZL should be in Flash Mode and its LED light will turn blue
- Type and enter the following command to check if the fastboot is working:
Type this command to flash TWRP recovery:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Switch off the phone to boot into recovery mode.
- Switch it on while pressing Power and Volume Down buttons at the same time, once you get a vibration alert, release the Power button while keep holding the Volume Down button.
- While the Xperia phone is in Recovery mode now, tap Install and locate the SuperSU file, select it and do a swipe to install the root package.
- Restart the Xperia Z/ZL by tapping on Reboot system.
Done! You’ve successfully rooted your Xperia phone with custom recovery pre-installed.
To verify the root status install Root Checker.