Full Step By Step guide On How to Root Xperia Z/ZL running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop & Install TWRP
Here in this guide we will be using a Windows PC and fastboot commands to Flash TWRP recovery.And after the installation of TWRP, we can easily Flash the SuperSU root package to get root access On Sony Xperia Z/ZL running android lollipop 5.1.1
If you have a Xperia Z/ZL running on android 5.1 lollipop and now you want to root it then this guide will help you to Root Xperia Z/ZL running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop & Install TWRP.Make sure your device is running stock lollipop Firmawre
*Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin rooting your device.
Root Xperia Z/ZL running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop & Install TWRP
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Xperia Z/ZL while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
Remember Before rooting:
Root Xperia Z/ZL running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop & Install TWRP In Just 2 min
- This tutorial is only for Sony Xperia Z and ZL Users
- Rooting your phone can void your warranty
- After rooting you can tweak your phone
- You can unroot it if you want
- You can overclock or underclock your CPU to make your phone faster
- Unlock the bootloader Xperia Phone or Click here to know how
- Install ADB Drivers. Guide
- Download and install Sony USB drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB debugging on your Xperia phone from Settings > Developer Options and check USB Debugging option.
- The battery level of your phone must be at least about 70%.
Step By Step Guide On Safely Root Xperia Z/ZL running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop & Install TWRP In Just 2 min
- Download the correct TWRP recovery and SuperSU package for your Xperia Z or ZL on the desktop of your PC from the above given links.
- Now Connect your device with the PC using its USB data cable. Select Always allow from this computer and clickOK button, once a pop-up message displays.
- Then Open the folder where you have saved the TWRP recovery file and run command prompt within that folder.
- Switch off the phone in order to boot Xperia into Fastboot.
- Switch ON the device by pressing and holding Volume Up button, connect the phone to the PC using USB cable while holding the Volume Up button. The Xperia Z/ZL should be in Flash Mode and its LED light will turn blue
- Type and enter the following command to check if the fastboot is working:
Type this command to flash TWRP recovery:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Switch off the phone to boot into recovery mode.
- Switch it on while pressing Power and Volume Down buttons at the same time, once you get a vibration alert, release the Power button while keep holding the Volume Down button.
- While the Xperia phone is in Recovery mode now, tap Install and locate the SuperSU file, select it and do a swipe to install the root package.
- Restart the Xperia Z/ZL by tapping on Reboot system.
Done! You’ve successfully rooted your Xperia phone with custom recovery pre-installed.
To verify the root status install Root Checker.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.