The Samsung Galaxy M40 was launched in June 2019 with Android 9.0 Pie over One UI. It packs a 6.3″ Full-HD+ display, SDM675 processor, 4/6GB of RAM, 64/128GB of onboard memory, a triple rear camera setup, a decent battery with fast charging, and more. In Q4 2019, Samsung became quite active and impressive in terms of providing the firmware update of One UI 2.0 based on Android 10 and the latest security patch updates to its eligible devices. Even the older Galaxy devices were received security patch updates and other bug fixes which is quite appreciable. Now, the new year has been started and Samsung has resumed the software update push to its devices. Samsung Galaxy M40 gets One UI 2.0 (Android 10) update recently.
It brings all the Android 10 goodies like gestures navigation, dark mode, smart reply, improved app permissions, location privacy control, Focus mode, etc. Additionally, the firmware update also offers exclusive One UI 2.0 features or improvements like inbuilt screen recording option, more subtle icons, improved user interface, AOD (Always-on display) mode, improved stock camera interface, and more.
The new firmware OTA update bumps up a build number M405FDDU2BTB5 based on Android 10 that’s rolling out to all the Samsung Galaxy M40 devices via batches. Therefore, it can take a couple of days to hit all the devices. Most importantly, this update brings the latest March 2020 Android Security Patch level that will include improved system security and other bug fixes. Check out the update changelog below:
Samsung Galaxy M40 One UI 2.0 Update – Changelog
– Night mode name changed to Dark mode.
– Enhanced image, text, and color adjustments for day and night environments.
– Darkened wallpapers, widgets, and alarms while Dark mode is on.
Icons and colors
– Clearer app icons and system colors.
– Improved layouts for titles and buttons to eliminate wasted screen space.
– Added new navigation gestures.
– Settings moved to Settings > Advanced features > One-handed mode.
– The battery usage graph now provides more detailed information.
– Set goals to keep your phone usage in check.
– Use Focus mode to help avoid distractions from your phone.
– Keep an eye on your kids with new parental controls.
– Added Trash feature for Contacts. Contacts that you delete will stay in the trash for 15 days before being deleted forever.
Currently, the firmware update download link isn’t available. Keep visiting the blog for more info.
Source: Samsung Software Update Tracker