Samsung has started rolling out the third One UI 5.0 Beta update for the Samsung Galaxy S22 Series. With this update, the stable Android 13 update for Galaxy S22 has become closer than ever. Samsung started testing the beta update early last month and it has now improved vastly and has fewer minor bugs.
The One UI 5.0 Beta 3 update for the Galaxy S22 models is available in different parts of Europe including Germany and Poland. The update can be easily identified as it comes with the build number S901BXXU2ZVI9 and weighs around 1 GB.
As for the changes, the third beta update comes with many bug fixes, which isn’t a surprise as the stable update is close to being released. Alongside the bug fixes, Samsung has added iOS-style lock screen customization among other additions. As it’s a beta update, if you’ve opted for the beta program on your Galaxy S22 device, then you’ll get the OTA update soon.
Changelog for the One UI 5.0 Beta 3 update
- Experience new and immersive slideshow-style stories in Gallery
- Fixed the issue with adding the Gallery widget to the home screen
- Improved UX for the Album tab located at the bottom of the Gallery app
- The wallpaper for the lock screen can be changed directly by long pressing the lock screen
- Enhanced optimization settings for each mode as well as change of menu location (Settings -> Useful Functions -> Bixby Routine -> Mode -> Settings -> Mode)
- Device Care -> Auto Optimization -> Auto Restart if necessary option will now come as “Off” by default
- Fixed the animation overlap when closing folders
- Fixed the home screen return animation
- Fixed the issue involved with changing Calendar widget transparency
- Fixed the issue with IMS service stop pop-up appearing after SW update
- The issue with very small text getting displayed on the app icons has been fixed
- Fixed the issue where the user wasn’t able to exit the app with gestures while running multiple apps on the lock screen
Users who have signed into the beta programme on their Galaxy S22 smartphones to receive the OTA update. As of this writing, the update is being released in Germany and Poland. Its availability will expand to other areas
You can manually check for the update by going to Settings and then selecting Software Update from the menu. If the update to One UI 5.0 Beta 3 is available, it will show the update . Be sure to create a backup of all of your data and charge your phone to at least 50% before you update.