Full Step By Step Guide to Update Galaxy Note 2 LTE (GT-N7105) to Android 5.1.1 Via Stable CM12.1 ROM.Finally, Official stable build of CyanogenMod 12.1 is available for Galaxy Note 2
If you are still rocking you Galaxy Note 2 LTE (GT-N7105), then this guide will help you to install CyanogenMod 12.1 (CM 12.1) On your Note 2.This Simple step by step guide will help you to Update Galaxy Note 2 LTE (GT-N7105) to Official Android 5.1.1 Via CM12.1 ROM.
Official CyanogenMod 12.1 Stable ROM has been released for the Galaxy Note 2 LTE (GT-N7105) by the industrious CyanogenMod team.This official CM12.1 custom ROM is based on the original AOSP Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
*The process is very simple and the update is only for the Galaxy Note 2 LTE (GT-N7105) model. So do check the model of your phone before applying this method and don’t try this on another android device.Check out the model number of your device from Settings > About Phone.
Update Galaxy Note 2 LTE (GT-N7105) to Official Android 5.1.1 Via CM12.1 ROM
- Related Post:Install YOG4PAS1N0 CM12.1 Update on Oneplus One
*Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin.
How to Update Galaxy Note 2 LTE (GT-N7105) to Official Android 5.1.1 Via CM12.1 ROM
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Galaxy Note 2 LTE (GT-N7105) while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- The Galaxy Note 2 LTE should be rooted.
- The latest version of a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP must be installed on your device.
- Download and install Galaxy Note 2 USB Drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Make sure that your device is charged at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
- Take a proper backup of all your important data and settings using a recommended custom recovery.
- The bootloader of your Galaxy Note 2 LTE should be unlocked.
How to Update Galaxy Note 2 LTE (GT-N7105) to Android 5.1.1 Via CM12.1 ROM
Step By Step Guide
- First, download both ZIP (ROM file and Gapps) files for Galaxy Note 2 LTE on the desktop of your PC.
- Now Connect the phone via USB data cable to the computer and mount the USB mass storage of the phone.
- Transfer the downloaded Official CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM zip file to the root folder of your SD card on the Galaxy Note 2. Remember the location and Once done, disconnect the device.
- Now Turn OFF the device in order to boot into Recovery Mode.
- Go to recovery on Note 2 pressing and holding Volume up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
- While the phone is now in the CWM Recovery Mode, perform a full data wipe by selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset. You can use Volume keys for navigation and Power button for selection in the Recovery Mode.
- Additionally Perform Wipe Cache Partition and wait until the process is successfully completed.
- Go to Advanced option to perform Wipe Dalvik Cache also. Select Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Go back to the main menu of Recovery, choose Install Zip from SD card > Choose Zip from SD card.
- Select the CM12.1 Custom ROM zipped file which you have already transferred to the root folder of your SD card.Select the ROM .zip file by tapping the Power button. Confirm the ROM installation to initiate.
- Once done, now flash Google Apps on your Galaxy Note 2. (same as flashing ROM)
- After the installation is fully completed, go back to recovery main menu and hit reboot system
- First-time boot will take up to 5min, so don’t panic
DONE! You have successfully updated Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7105) to the latest CyanogenMod 12.1 Android 5.1Lollipop stable build
For confirmation go to the setting and check android and CuynogenMod version