Xiaomi has started rolling out the stable Android 9 Pie version update to the Black Shark 2 device. The Android 9 Pie features the new Screen Recorder, Face Unlock, and new SharkSpace and GamerStudio. Using the updated GameStudio feature, the Black Shark gamers can customize their performance, audio, touch response, display, and network preferences as well. Currently, the Xiaomi Black Shark 2 gets August Patch with Digital Wellbeing and more.
The August 2019 Android security patch level brings the system security enhancements with a bunch of new features and bugs fixes. It comes with the software version SKYW19091920S01MP4 or SKYW1909192OS00MP4 respectively. Black Shark clears that the region-specific software update and optimizations needed for this device.
Xiaomi Black Shark 2 gets August Patch
According to the company, those who are running the Black Shark 2 on software version SKYW1907040OS01MP3, will soon receive an OTA update to version SKYW1909192OS01MP4. If you have version SKYW1907031OS00MP3 installed, then the new update will arrive as version SKYW1909192OS00MP4. Make sure that in both cases, the update optimizations will be different and the changelogs will also vary.
The software update brings August 2019 security patch, Digital Wellbeing, Gamedock 4.0, additional language support, lock screen improvement, optimized camera performance, and more. Let’s take a look at the update changelog.
- Updated Google security patch to 2019-08-05 (August)
- Update GameDock 4.0, added new feature: Shark Time
- Added language support for Arabic and Lithuanian
- Added desktop drop-down notification bar function
- Added Notification can be swipe off at Lock Screen
- Added Google Wellbeing
- Addressed issue that the device theme is invalid
- Addressed issue that screen may suddenly light up after fingerprint unlocking
- Addressed issue the default time zone change does not take effect
- Addressed issue that can’t slide out the Gamedock after connecting the Gamepad
- Addressed issue that USB Debugging cannot be turned off
- Optimized Camera Anti-Banding
- Optimized system stability and performance
- Optimized standby power consumption
- Optimized compatibility of NoInCall in GameDock and adapt some mainstream social applications
- Optimized Memory management strategy and fix slowing down and App Not Reponsed issue
- Optimized Fingerprint unlock speed
- Optimized power consumption of FaceUnlock
- Optimized stability when using GamePad
- Optimized some translation
If you’re using the Xiaomi Black Shark 2 device then wait for the official OTA update notification.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram