Realme C21Y users in India have started picking up the December 2021 security patch via the latest software update. It can be identified by the firmware version RMX3261_11_A.73.
The December 2021 security update for Realme C21Y was announced through a post on Realme’s community forum. According to the changelog mentioned there, it bumps the Android security patch level to December 2021. Also, the update adds an OTA switch, which is turned off by default.
In addition to fixing numerous system security and privacy issues with the December 2021 security patch, the update also includes fixes for some other known issues and improves system stability.
Realme is distributing the December 2021 security update to C21Y users in India in a phased manner. So, it will initially reach a limited number of users, followed by a broader rollout in the coming days.
- Updated Android security patch: December 2021
- Fixed some known issues and improved system stability
- Adds an OTG switch which is turned off by default. To turn on this feature, go to “Settings – Network & internet – OTG”
How to download the latest update on Realme C21Y
Realme C21Y users who haven’t yet received a notification for the new OTA update should manually check for the updates using the following steps.
- Open Settings app.
- Go to the Software Update section.
- Check for new updates.
- Download and install the update (if available).
- If no update is available, repeat the above steps after 1-2 days.
- Reboot your phone.