WhatsApp is one of the best messaging apps that most users use. This app stands top in adding new features and fixing bugs. WhatsApp added many new features in past three months which includes added GIF’s after emoji section, new emojis, text formatting and much more. This time whatsApp a special feature called ‘WhatsApp status.‘ WhatsApp Status allows you to animated GIFs, videos and share photos that will disappear after 24 hours. All Your status updates are only visible to the users you have saved in your phone contacts. To see someone’s status update, tap the Status tab and click on any contact status to view their update.
Many of the users didn’t like the new WhatsApp Status feature because they no more can update the text status and cannot view the old status also. So in this article, we will discuss how to disable or remove whatsApp status feature. Follow the below step by step guide how to remove WhatsApp Status feature.
- Your device should beRooted.
- Es File Explorer or SharedPreference Editor
How to Disable or Remove Whatsapp Status feature
- First Force stop the WhatsApp.
- Now open the Root Explorer or Es File manager, than go to ‘/data/data/com.whatsapp/shared_prefs/com.whatsapp_preferences.xml‘
- If you are using SharedPreference Editor, select ‘WhatsApp’ and select ‘com.whatsapp_preferences‘.
- Find ‘status_mode‘ and edit its value from ‘1’ and make it as ‘0’ and then update.
- If you are using Root Explorer or text editors, change
<int name="status_mode" value="1"/>
<int name="status_mode" value="0"/>
- Save the edited file and Done.
Hope you have successfully disabled whatsApp status features. If you have any queries let us know in the comment section below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page