The newest iteration of Samsung’s OS has brought in a lot of noteworthy features and exciting additions. However, some people prefer the old ways. There might be times when a user might have upgraded to Android 12-based One UI 4.0 but not like the change and they may want to go back to One UI 3.1. This can be done by using Odin. Odin will allow you to easily downgrade from Android 12-based One UI 4.0 to Android 11-based UI 3.0.
How to downgrade from One UI 4.0 back to One UI 3.1 via Odin
Step 1: Download Samsung USB drivers
In most instances, as soon as you’ve connected the device to a PC via USB cable, the associated USB drivers will be automatically installed. However, if that isn’t the case, you can manually install the drivers too.
Step 2: Download Odin
Next, download the Odin Tool. It will be required for flashing the Android 11 One UI 3.1 firmware to your Samsung Galaxy handset for downgrading it. Download it through the link mentioned below and extract it to your PC.
Step 3: Download One UI 3.1 downgrade firmware
Download the Samsung One UI 3.1 downgrade firmware by using Frija Tool. This tool will be useful only if One UI 4.0 is in the Beta stage. Once it reaches the stable build, you will need to use the update site.
Step 4: Extract the One UI 3.1 firmware
Once you’ve downloaded the firmware, it’ll be time to extract it on your PC. Doing this will give you the AP, CP, BL, and CSC files, which will be used for downgrading your device from One UI 4.0 to One UI 3.1
Step 5: Unlock Bootloader on Samsung
You’ll need to unlock the Bootloader on your Samsung device. Keep in mind that this will trip Knox and reset the device.
Step 6: Boot your device to Download Mode
You’ll now need to boot your device to Download mode as Odin will only be able to recognize and interact with your device in this mode.
- Begin by powering off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Down + Bixby + Power buttons for around 5 seconds.
- Once you come across the Warning screen, press the Volume Up key for booting your device to Download Mode.
Step 7: Install One UI 3.1 downgrade firmware using Odin
- Start by connecting your device to the PC using a USB Cable. Ensure that your device is booted to Download Mode.
- Head over to the folder where you had previously extracted Odin and then double click on the “Odin3 v3.14.4.exe” file for launching the Odin tool.
- You will come across the ID:COM port of the tool and it’ll be highlighted. This will signify that the tool can recognize your device and the connection is successful. You can proceed to load the AP, BL, CP, and CSC files to Odin.
- Click on the BL button, navigate to the extracted file, and then choose the BL file.
- Now, click on AP and then upload the AP firmware file. Be patient as this will likely take time.
- After that, click CP and then load the CP firmware file.
- Click CSC and then upload the Home_CSC file.
- Once you’ve successfully loaded all four files, head over to the “Options” section in Odin and then select Auto Reboot and F.Reset time.
- Finally, hit the Start button and then wait for the process to begin.
- Once the installation is completed, you will get the PASS message and your device will get booted to the OS. You can disconnect it from your PC and close the tool.