The Asus ROG Phone 6 Series comes with a long list of impressive specs and features, especially the hardware and camera being the main attractions of the series. Both the ROG Phone 6 and Phone 6D Series share the same triple-lens camera setup that features a 50MP Sony IMX766 primary camera capable of capturing decent photos. If you’re looking to further improve the camera quality, then you can always use Google Camera. Google Camera 8.7 is the latest iteration of Gcam and it is compatible with both ROG Phone 6 and 6D Ultimate.
[Gcam Port] How to download Gcam 8.7 for Asus ROG Phone 6 and 6D Ultimate
Asus ROG Phone 6 and 6D Ultimate come with support for the latest Google Camera version. Google Camera 8.7 is one of the best alternative camera apps as it with useful features like Night Sight, SloMo, Astrophotography mode, HDR Enhanced, Beauty Mode, Lens Blur, Playground, PhotoSphere, Google Lens, RAW Support, and more.
The users can sideload the Google Camera port on their smartphones thanks to the Camera2 API. There are many GCam ports compatible with the Asus ROG Phone 6 and 6D Ultimate. Here are the download links for Google Camera 8.7.
- Download Google Camera 8.7 for ROG Phone 6, 6D, 6 Pro, and 6D Ultimate –
- Download Google Camera 7.3 for ROG Phone 6, 6D, 6 Pro, and 6D Ultimate – GCAM_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.6.apk
The Google Camera 8.7 mod doesn’t require any changes but if you’re using the Google Camera 7.3, then you can apply the settings listed below for better results.
Recommended settings for Google Camera
- First, you’ll need to download the config file that you wish to use on your OnePlus 11
- Create a new folder with the name “GCam” in Files
- Now, open the new GCam folder and then create another folder with the “configs7” name
- Paste the “config file” in the configs7 folder
- Once it is done, open the Google Camera app and then double-click on the black blank area next to the shutter button
- Tap on the settings (rogphone66d-config.xml) shown in the popup before pressing the restore button
- Go back to the app drawer before opening the app again
With MGC_8.7.250_A11_V6.apk and MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV1j_MGC.apk, there is no need of configuring many settings. However, you can still play with the Google Camera settings according to your needs to get better results.