Tecno launched its budget smartphone, the Tecno i3 this April. Tecno is an Hong Kong based mobile company which was established in 2006 and has been producting quality budget phones ever since. The Tecno i3 is a budget device which comes with a 5 inch HD 720p display with 2 GB of RAM and a Quad core MediaTek MT6737 processor.
The phone comes in three colour variants including gold, black and grey and sports an 8 megapixel both on the rear and the front. Tecno i3 is based on HiOS which is an Android based skin developed exclusively for Tecno smartphones by Tecno mobiles. The Tecno i3 was recently updated with the latest version of Android Nougat 7.0 and it is the current official firmware of the device.
So incase you need to flash the latest Android Nougat Firmware on your device for factory reset or to unbrick your device using stock firrmware, follow the below step by step guide to make the whole process easier.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- This guide is only for Tecno i3.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your device are installed on the PC.
- Download VCOM Drivers for MediaTek processors.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown
How to Install Official Stock Nougat Firmware On Tecno i3
- In order to download the ROM file from the above link, you have to first create an account in the Tecno forum.
- Visit this link to create a new account.
- You will now receive a mail with your password. Use that to login to your account.
- Now download the Stock Nougat Firmware for your Tecno i3 from the above link and extract it to a folder.
- Now Download the flash tool from the link above and then extract the files to a folder on your desktop.
- Open the folder where you have extracted the files. Search for Flash_Tool.exe application and then open it.
- Once the application is launched, click on the downloads tab at the top.
- Inside the download tab, you will find a button named scatter-loading towards the top right corner. Click on it.
- Now browse for the scatter file in the folder you extracted the Stock Firmware. It will be a text file. You can search for it by using the search bar at the top right corner of the folder.
- Once you have selected the folder, click on the green download button on the downloads tab to initiate the installation process.
- Now power off your Tecno i3 and then connect it to your computer using the USB Cable.
- Now use the volume down or volume up button on your smartphone for your computer to detect it.
- The stock Nougat Firmware will now be installed on your phone and once the process is complete, a green tick will appear on the flashing tool.
- That’s it. You have successfully installed the official Stock Nougat 7.0 Firmware on your Tecno i3.
If you have any queries, feel free to ask us your doubts down below!