MediaTek MT65xx Preloader USB drivers help in flashing different files to your phone. Especially, custom ROMs and root packages via the SP Flash tool. Moreover, it also allows proper data transfers among the connected devices. In short, if you have a MediaTek powered smartphone then you should have installed VCOM drivers. This is a very important tool for all MediaTek smartphones.
These drivers are compatible with all Android devices running MediaTek MT65xx chipset. Follow the in-depth guide below in order to get the latest Mediatek drivers on your PC. Also, in case you have stuck anywhere between the process, let us know in the comments section at the end of this guide.
Steps to Install MediaTek MT65xx MT67xx MT68xx USB VCOM Driver [2021 Update]
The steps below can be applied to any PC running Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10. However, for Windows 8 and newer, you need to disable Driver Signature Verification. There are plenty of guides online showing you how to disable digital Driver Signature Verification so you can use them before you proceed to install this driver package.
- Download MediaTek MT65xx MT67xx MT68xx USB VCOM drivers from above and extract them.
- You need to access Device Manager. Do so by right-clicking on My Computer and clicking on “Manage”. In the new window that pops up, select “Device Manager” from the menu shown on the left.
- The computer you are using will be shown at the top with its name. Right-click on the name and select Add Legacy Hardware.
- A new wizard will pop up. Just click on Next.
- From the following menu choose the second option shown in the screenshot below and click Next.
- You will be shown a long list on the following screen. Just select Show All Devices and click Next.
- Click on Have Disk in the following window and select any .inf file you extracted in Step 1.
- Once selected, click Next. There will be a security warning on which you can select Install Anyway.
- Restart your PC and connect your Mediatek MT65xx device.
[Video Guide] Install MediaTek MT65xx MT67xx MT68xx USB VCOM Drivers On Windows
Video Credit: Geeki Review (yt)
That’s all to it! After you install correct USB drivers for your Mediatek device, you can use different tools to flash different files and also stop worrying about failed data transfers.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.