Tecno Phantom 6 was released last September on UAE, Kenya, Saudi Arabia and some nearby regions. It was well known for the plethora of features it offered despite the budget price. The Tecno Phantom 6 was launched with an Iris Scanner which is found only in flagship smartphones. The device is powered by a 2.0GHz octa-core Mediatek MT6755 processor along with 3 GB of RAM.
The Tecno Phantom 6 is currently running on HiOS 2.0 which is based on the latest version of Android Nougat 7.0. The device sports a 5.5 inch Full HD AMOLED screen and also features a dual rear camera at 13 and 5 megapixels each along with an 8 megapixel selife camera. The device flaunts a full metal unibody design and has slimmer bezels than its predecessor, the Tecno Phantom 5.
If you want to replace the HiOS running on your Tecno Phantom 6 or you just want to go back from a Custom ROM to a stock ROM, here is a simple guide to do just that. Follow the below step by step instructions to download and install the Official Stock ROM on your Tecno Phantom 6.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- This guide is only for Tecno Phantom 6.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your device are installed on the PC.
- Download VCOM Drivers for MediaTek processors.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown
How to Install Official Stock ROM On Tecno Phantom 6
- In order to download the ROM file from the above link, you have to first create an account in the Tecno forum.
- Visit this link to create a new account.
- You will now receive a mail with your password. Use that to login to your account.
- Now download the ROM from the above link.
- Now Download the flash tool from the link above and then extract the files to a folder on your desktop.
- Open the folder where you have extracted the files. Search for Flash_Tool.exe application and then open it.
- Once the application is launched, click on the downloads tab at the top.
- Inside the download tab, you will find a button named scatter-loading towards the top right corner. Click on it.
- Now browse for the scatter file in the folder you extracted the ROM. It will be a text file. You can search for it by using the search bar at the top right corner of the folder.
- Once you have selected the folder, click on the green download button on the downloads tab to initiate the flashing process.
- Now power off your Tecno Phantom 6 and then connect it to your computer using the USB Cable.
- Now use the volume down or volume up button on your smartphone for your computer to detect it.
- The stock ROM will now be flashed to your phone and once the process is complete, a green tick will appear on the flashing tool.
- That’s it. You have successfully flashed the official Custom ROM on your Tecno Phantom 6.
If you have any queries, feel free to ask us your doubts down below!
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.