Magisk is one of the most popular tool for rooting Android phones. The use of this tool has increased rapidly in these recent years as more Android features are secured by Google’s SafetyNet system. Magisk works by leaving the System partition as it is and modifying the boot partition.
John Wu, Magisk developer has now released a new version (v21.1) of the Magisk tool. The Magisk Manager has also been updated from v8.0.2 to v8.0.3. We have added download links for the new version at the bottom of the article.
The latest Magisk Manager 8.0.3 adds tapjacking protection on Superuser request dialog, allows 3rd party repos, fixes known bugs, and increases the overall stability of the application.
The Magisk 21.1 update includes the support for Pixel 4a 5G and Pixel 5. It fixes the Magisk re-installation issue after factory reset on Android 11. With Magisk hide, users can now hide root access from apps in second space or the second user.
Magisk Beta 21.1 Changelog
- [MagiskBoot] Support boot header v3 (Pixel 5 and 4a 5G)
- [MagiskBoot] Distinguish lz4_lg and lz4_legacy (Pixel 5 and 4a 5G)
- [MagiskBoot] Support vendor boot images (for dev, not relevant for Magisk installation)
- [MagiskInit] Support kernel cmdline androidboot.fstab_suffix
- [MagiskInit] Support kernel initialized dm-verity on legacy SAR
- [General] Significantly broaden sepolicy.rule compatibility
- [General] Add Magisk binaries to PATH when executing boot scripts
- [General] Update –remove-modules command implementation
- [General] Make Magisk properly survive after factory reset on Android 11
- [MagiskSU] Add APEX package com.android.i18n to LD_LIBRARY_PATH when linking libsqlite.so
- [MagiskHide] Support hiding apps installed in secondary users (e.g. work profile)
- [MagiskHide] Make zygote detection more robust
Magisk Manager 8.0.3 Changelog
- Switch to the new Magisk Module Repo setup in preparation to allow 3rd party repos
- Add tapjacking protection on Superuser request dialog
- Stability changes and bug fixes
Magisk 21.1 and Magisk Manager 8.0.3 download links
Magisk v21.1 (beta) – Download Here
Magisk Manager v8.0.3 – Download Here