Redmi 8 has started receiving MIUI 12.5 update in India. In addition to the MIUI 12.5 goodies, the update also brings July 2021 security patch that fixes dozens of system security and privacy-related vulnerabilities.
MIUI 12.5 gives a slight boost to the device performance by reducing CPU usage. It also reduces power consumption by up to 15%, so you are getting more screen time on a single charge. As per the changelog, MIUI 12.5 gives 20 times more rendering power and is more lightweight than the previous version.
The update adds new tools for doodling & sketching, dynamic layout, and gestures to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere. Read more about new changes in the update log given below.
As usual, the new update for Redmi 8 should be initially rolling out to limited users and will reach all the units in the next few days. You can manually check for the update by heading to Settings >> About phone >> Tap on MIUI 12 icon >> Check for updates.
We have also added the download link for the latest ROM, which requires manual installation. Note that, we don’t recommend this, unless you don’t have decent knowledge about ROM flashing. So, proceed at your own risk.
- Redmi 8
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to July 2021. Increased system security.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- All-new Notes.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.