In December 2020, Xiaomi officially unveiled the MIUI 12.5 update in China with the global version coming out in February 2021. Then, Xiaomi introduced an enhanced version as a minor upgrade on the MIUI 12.5 OS. In August 2021, Xiaomi started rolling out the MIUI 12.5 Enhanced Version update in China with the MIUI Pad Launch Event. The update has been rolled out for a wide variety of handsets and it comes with many amazing features and enhancements to improve the overall experience of using a Xiaomi device.
Changelog for the MIUI 12.5 update for Xiaomi devices
- MIUI 12.5 gestures have received a dedicated thread, which means that no other tasks interfere with them. Moreover, it also guarantees an instant response.
- The update will make the OS lighter and faster.
- There will be less CPU usage and less power consumption.
- The users can now enjoy improved battery life on their Xiaomi devices.
Improved notes app
- The new MIUI update will let you take notes like a professional.
- Structure and organize your ideas anytime, anyplace using the add quick mind notes feature.
- Generate brain maps within a few clicks.
- The MIUI 12.5 update will bring in the new graffiti function while offering optimization for finger painting.
- MIUI 12.5 will bring in new, super wallpapers, breaking through the boundaries of space and touch imagination.
- You will get wallpapers for the screen display, lock screen, and mobile desktop.
- In the MIUI 12.5 update, Xiaomi has introduced a new connecting feature with MIUI+
- With the new feature, the users will be able to perform numerous actions on their desktop like – Open apps, view mobile notifications, open screenshots, copy/paste text, view websites from mobile, and more.
How to download and install the new MIUI 12.5 and MIUI 12.5 Enhanced Version update on your Xiaomi device?
Firstly, you need to only download the MIUI 12.5 or MIUI 12.5 Enhanced Version update corresponding to your device.
Once the update is downloaded, you can install the update on your Redmi, Mi, or Poco device. For doing that, follow these instructions.
- Head over to the Settings
- GO to About Phone
- Go to the MIUI version
- Once you’ve accessed it, press the MIUI logo several times until you see a message appear
- Then, select the option “Select Update Package” through the three points located at the top right corner
- Now, select the update in .zip download and then update your device