Xiaomi is currently rolling out the MIUI 9 global beta 7.12.28 update for all of their devices. The update is coming with a lot of new features for all Xiaomi users. The major features include the smart assistant, image search, and smart launcher. Apart from the new features a lot of performance improvements can also be seen with the update.
The update already started to roll out as an Over the Air or OTA update. Many users already receive it and many are receiving it as we speak. The current MIUI 9 Xiaomi devices receive will be a beta version. As the update is coming out as a beta, users can expect flaws and bugs in this. But a much more stable version is expected to arrive very soon from Xiaomi.
Although the update is coming out officially as an OTA update, users also can install it manually. So if you are a Xiaomi user who hasn’t received the update yet, please follow the steps given in this article. The download link for the MIUI 9 global beta 7.12.28 and the installation procedure is given below, please read through to find out.
Changelogs of Xiaomi MIUI 9 Global Beta 7.12.28
- Full screen guestures are included, which can replace navigation buttons
- Top site settings on the Mi browser will be restored automatically
- Fixed the issue of dual apps unable to add contact members from group on Whatsapp
- Bug fixes
- The shortcut wallpaper carousel issue fixed
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- This Update is only for supported Xiaomi device users.
- Make sure that you have latest ADB and fastboot drivers installed on Windows and Mac/Linux.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
Steps to Install Xiaomi MIUI 9 Global Beta 7.12.28 On Xiaomi devices
There are two different methods that can be used to manually install the update on your Xiaomi device. Both the methods are listed below.
- SAve the downloaded file into your Phone internal storage
- Open the updater app
- Tap on the menu icon, which will three dots at the top right corner
- Select “choose update package”
- Select the downloaded file
- wait for your device to Reboot
- Download the latest Mi Flash Tool and install it on your PC
- Boot your device in to fastboot mode by pressing and holding power button and volume down button
- Connect your device to PC
- Noe extract the ROM file in to a location on your PC
- Copy the path to the extracted file and paste in on the Mi flash tool
- Click on the refresh button for the Mi flash tool to recognize your device
- Click on flash button
- Reboot your device when the process is completed
If you have any questions related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section below