This tutorial article will teach you How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux.ADB and Fastboot are two must have tool if you want to root or Mod your Android device via fastboot mode, otherwise the device will not connect with your Mac or Linux and you can’t perform the task. Both the tools are used to send terminal commands to an Android device from a Mac or Linux command line.
What are ADB and FastBoot ?
ADB :Android Debug Bridge
This works when the device is powered on and booted into OS or Recovery. The tool helps in sending basic Linux commands, and a variety Android-specific commands from PC to connected Android devices.
Fastboot mode allows you to flash any partition on an Android device like system, boot, recovery, cache.. etc.Using Fastboot / bootloader, you can also flash the custom built .img files via fastboot. For example, a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM.
If you have a Mac or Linux operating system then you probably have thought How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux.So don’t worry below we will share full step by step guide to Safely Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux.[note type=”important”] Official Update > Download Latest ADB and Fastboot SDK Platform-Tools (2018) [Windows] [/note]
- android.zip file: [Mirror]
How to safely install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- First of all, download the android.zip file from the above link to your Mac or Linux
- Next on the desktop, extract the download android.zip by double-clicking, The ADB and Fastboot files should be inside.
- Now On your Mac, open a new Terminal. Search it on Spotlight with ⌘-Space or find it on Applications > the utility folder.
- Now Type in the following command
- Install ADB and Fastboot by entering the following command
or drag and drop “ADB-Install-Mac.sh” into the terminal on your Mac
Done!! ADB and Fastboot should be installed o your Mac or Linux