Good news for all the users of Xperia Z3 Plus as the new update is now started rolling out for all the Z3 Plus users. This new update is based on latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware. The Build number of the update is 32.4.A.0.160. You can also check the update manually by going to your mobile’s settings > System Update and check for the update if the update is listed there then update your device if it does not then follow this guide.
We have shared the manual method to update your Xperia Z3 Plus to the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware. If you have rooted android device or have your bootloader unlocked or you haven’t received the update yet then you can also manually update your device by following this guide. The update also bring the April security patch.
This update is available for both the variant Single Sim and Dual Sim variants, Follow this quick guide to update your Sony Xperia Z3 Plus device to the latest firmware.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
Xperia Z3 Plus (E6553)
- Nougat FTF file for E6553 Xperia Z3 Plus Customized US – Download (E6553_1294-9984_32.4.A.0.160-R2E_Customized_US.ftf)
- Nougat FTF file for E6553 Xperia Z3 Plus Customized GEL – Download (E6553_1295-3975_32.4.A.0.160-R2E_Customized_GEL.ftf)
- Nougat 7.1.1 FTF file for Xperia Z3 Plus E6553 Customized RU – Download (E6553_1295-0592_32.4.A.0.160-R2E_Customized_RU.ftf)
Xperia Z3 Plus (E6533)
- Nougat FTF file for E6533 Xperia Z3 Plus Customized MEA – Download
- Nougat FTF file for Xperia Z3 Plus Dual Customized MY – Download
- Nougat 7.1.1 FTF for E6533 Xperia Z3 Plus Customized SA – Download
- Android Nougat FTF for Xperia Z3 Plus Dual Customized MAA – DownloadAlso, you need to have Sony Flash Tool → Download Link
- Sony USB Drivers
- This Update is only for Sony Xperia Z3 Plus.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
HOW TO INSTALL 32.4.A.0.160 ANDROID NOUGAT 7.1 Xperia Z3 Plus
- First of all download the Sony Flash Tool and also the firmware file. (According to your country).
- Enable USB debugging from Developer Settings
- Download Sony Flash Tool from above.
- Install FlashTool drivers.To Do Go To FlashTool –> Drivers –>Flashtool –> drivers.exe and Install Fastboot, FlashTool & Xperia drivers.
- Now, Download Android Nougat FTF file for Xperia Z3 Plus from the download section above and Save the downloaded files in Flashtool –> Firmware folder.
- Then Open the FlashTool.exe
- Click on Flash device –>Flashmode and Select the FTF firmware file which is stored in the Firmware folder.
- If you want the clean install, then Check Wipe cache, APPS_LOG, data and USERDATA boxes.
- After the firmware is successfully loaded, connect your Xperia Z3 t via USB cable after turning off the phone and keep Volume Down key pressed.
- When your device got detected in FlashMode, the firmware automatically starts flashing, Keep holding the Volume Down Button until the Flashing completes.
- Leave the volume key once the installation process completes. And the Device will reboot into latest Android Nougat Firmware 32.4.A.0.160
If you have any queries regarding this, then feel free to ask in comment sections.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.