In this guide, you will learn How To Easily Enable Adoptable SD Card Storage On Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge without root.It is a very simple, easy and safe process.After doing this you can use your External SD card as your Internal memory On your Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.Here we will be using some ADB and Fastboot commands on windows PC to perform the operation.
Samsung has already released it’s two flagships of 2016, Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.Both devices come with the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow straight out of the box.It is a well optimized OS.There are loads of features of Stock Android Marshmallow missing from the TouchWiz version.One of them is “adoptable SD Card storage”.It basically means you can use your external SD card as your Internal memory.You can install apps and games on your micro SD card.
But like Sony, Samsung hasn’t implemented that Marshmallow’s adoptable SD Card storage on the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.But thanks to PaulOBrien over at Modaco, now you can easily Enable Adoptable SD Card Storage On Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge without having root access.
Don’t worry we will be sharing full detailed step by step guide to Enable Adoptable SD Card Storage On Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge
Related guide: How to Use SD Card as Internal Storage on Marshmallow
Some Other S7/S7 Edge Guides
- How to Setup Fingerprint Scanner On Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge
- How to Hard & Soft Reset Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge
Note: This process is going to format your SD card so before following just take a backup of your data
→ Use External SD Card As your Internal memory Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge and Install Apps and Games to your External memory Card
How To Enable Adoptable SD Card Storage On Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge
Step By Step Guide
- First Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC. Guide > Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows
- Now Enable USB debugging on your S7 / S7 Edge:
- Go to Settings » About Phone » tap Build number 7 times to enableDeveloper options >>Go back to Settings » select Developer options » enable USB debugging.
- Then Connect your S7 to PC using a USB cable.
└ If a prompt appears on your device, asking for your permission to allow USB debugging, select “Ok”.
- Now Open a command window on your PC and
- Issue the following command to see disks available for adoption:
- Once you get disks listed, note down the Disk ID for your SD Card.Take note of the disk ID (disk:179:160 in this example).
( Disk ID could be different for each device)
- Now issue the following command to adopt your SD card as internal storage on the device:
sm partition disk:179:160 private
└ Here make sure you use the right disk id for your device)
- The process will take some time to complete
- Once the process is completed, just go to Settings » Additional settings » Storage to see your SD card being adopted as Internal storage.
- Done!!! you have successfully Enabled Adoptable SD Card Storage On Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge.You can now use your External microSD Card as your Internal storage.
If you have any questions related to this guide, feel free to leave that in the comment section below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.