It’s no big secret that smartphone technology has been getting better and better with every passing year. It is obvious that smartphones have also been getting bigger and bigger with every successor.
A big screen is actually a decent feature but it isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. Bigger scenes make using these smartphones with one hand extremely frustrating and tiresome. Most Android manufacturers, even Apple have created ways that make it easier for you to use these devices with one hand. Even if you have the latest handsets running on Android 12, you can enable the one-handed mode feature and use your device with one hand.
Android 12 is still not available for every handset. If and when you receive the Android 12 update, you can enable the one-handed mode and use your smartphone with one hand. Smartphones are supposed to be mobiles that you can easily use while moving around. In this guide, you’ll get to know the right way you can enable the one-handed mode on Android 12 smartphones.
Enable one-handed mode in devices running Android 12 OS
- Head over to the quick settings panel and then tap on the gear icon. You can even launch the Settings app by going to the app drawer.
- Scroll down to the bottom and then choose System.
- Go to Gestures and select One-Handed Mode on the next page.
- Tap on the toggle located next to the label Use One-Handed Mode for turning it on.
- Below it, you’ll see the toggle option for Exit when switching apps.
- By default, the one-handed mode will exit after 8 seconds. You’ll be able to adjust it by tapping on Timeout.
For accessing one-handed mode, you should swipe down on the navigation bar or the bottom center of the screen. This would bring down the entire Android interface to the bottom half of your device’s screen. This way, you’ll be able to reach the top of the interface using just one hand without needing to put any extra pressure on your fingers. Once you’re done, you should tap anywhere on the upper half of the screen or you can swipe up from the bottom center of the screen. You can even choose to wait for the timeout if you wish.