Sometimes you just want to recollect over your previous Instagram bio, favourite quotations, and fonts. The Instagram feature that made it easy for others to read or duplicate your bio has been removed. However, your old bios can still be accessed with a workaround. You’ll learn in this article where to look for archived Instagram bios and how to make the most of them.
How to check old Instagram bios on smartphones
- Open the Instagram app and then tap on the profile icon from the bottom navigation bar for accessing your Instagram account. Once you’ve reached the profile screen, press the hamburger icon at the top-right corner.
- From the pop-up menu, choose Your Activity option and then tap on Account History for finding your Instagram bio. Keep in mind that Instagram previously used to allow you to view your old bios from Settings -> Security -> Access data -> Former bio texts. However, this feature is no longer available.
- You’ll now get a historic view of key changes you’ve made to your Instagram account. Browse through your history and you’ll see your previous bios under the “Bio” heading.
- While might no longer be able to copy texts into your Instagram bio, there is a workaround. Simply take screenshots of the bio that includes the bio or quote that you want to revisit. Head over to the Google Lens app and then select the screenshot. It’ll allow you to easily select the text and then copy it. You’ll need to use Google Photos on iOS (Free) for using the Lens feature. You can also use the Live Text feature of iOS 15 for extracting the bio text from screenshots.
- Lastly, you should return to the Instagram app. Tap on your profile picture present in the bottom navigation bar and then choose “Edit Profile”. You’ll then be able to paste it into your Instagram profile and then update the current bio.